Discussion on civil engineering marvels:)

Man has been competing with nature in building marvels that is in comparison with the nature's creation.. some times even beyond nature's wonders.😀

nowadays we see that there are a lot of buildings coming up with each possessing it's own unique feature which makes it a wonder. these are all not easily developed... so much of design restrictions go into the making of these wonders.

this thread is dedicated to discussions on such buildings...😀 instead of just making it a thread to post the pictures and stuff i request all CEans to come forward and discuss such projects 😁

thanks
-CP

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    BURJ, DUBAI. (BURJ KHALIFA)

Basic details:-

Height : 828 m

Floors : 160

scheduled for 2009. completed on 2010

Developer : Emmar properties

Architect : Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.

Construction : Arab Technical Construction Co., Besix.

Burj Dubai (Burj Khalifa), the tallest man-made structure ever built. The skyscraper will include offices, apartments and a posh hotel. The Hotel Interior is by Giorgio Armani. An Armani Hotel, the first of four by Armani, will occupy 15 of the lower 39 floors.
    the uniqueness here is in the 124th floor's observation deck, we can have a 360[SUP]0[/SUP] view.

the interview of the structural engineer who was in charge of the Burj kalifa with CE in small talk is in the following link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

guys if you haven't been through it check it out...😀

and CEans put in all what you can to build the discussions😀

thanks
    -CP
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    in the interview Mr.Baker had said that an important design aspect was the wind load on the building and how it reacted to the load.
    if the wind load is so huge what will be the difference in the design:?: i've still not started taking design loads into considerations and so would like to know how it would change the design of the structure.

also he had mentioned that the foundation design had not changed that much from the shorter buildings. but if the wind loads are much, won't the toppling effect be higher:?: would the piles alone sustain the load? please put in your thoughts guys😀

thanks,
    -CP
  • gohm
    gohm
    Didn't they do some unique work with the counterbalancers? Can you tell us about that?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    gohm
    Didn't they do some unique work with the counterbalancers? Can you tell us about that?
    i don't know about that yet ghom😔
    but i'll try to research on this and find more😀
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    hey Cp, Can you please add more civil engineering marvels???😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am pursuing M.Tech thesis and I have made a simulink model for dynamic voltage restorer(dvr) to compensate voltage sag in distribution network. I am using fuzzy logic to...
sir asked us what is meant by a browser?. Most of them told which helps to render the html pages(it is a client software that is used to interact with...
Facebook, on Wednesday, touched the amazing landmark of 500 million, founder Mark Zuckerberg announced. In this occasion they have started a new service namely Facebook stories where half billion of...
I am looking for MBA in Banking and finance, does any university provide this course and what’s the duration and the fees
Hello friend's, 2 months ago i do post a thread on crazyengineers https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...order-detect-removable-drive-fixed-drive.html I just want to partitioned a removable media like USB drive. But don't know what i have...