Discussion of Cocamidopropyl betaine

surfactant derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine.[1] It is a zwitterionic

chemical compound with a quaternary ammonium cation. It is a viscous pale yellow transparent

liquid and is used as a surfactant in bath products such as shampoos and hand soaps, and in

cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic

surfactants would cause. It also serves as an antistatic agent in hair conditioners.

is a derivate of cocamide

and glycine betaine (a form of betaine). See cocamide for the discussion of the length of carbon

chain in the molecule.

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a medium strength surfactant which most often does not irritate skin or

mucous membranes. That said, some studies indicate it is an allergen.[2][3][4] It also has

antiseptic properties, making it suitable for personal sanitary products. It is compatible with

other cationic, anionic, and nonionic surfactants.

Cocamidopropyl betaine to a significant degree has replaced cocamide DEA. Cocamidopropyl betaine

is the active ingredient in Johnson & Johnson's Baby wash.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cocamide DEA is a used to increase foaming quality and to stabilise foam, making it last longer in the presence of oil and dirt. Without it the foam would collapse...
Tdoday their was a fourth launch when a thunder bolt struct and the mission was called off😔 They are going to give a next go tomorrow . Hopefully its takes...
I think a 'special section for students' will sure attract a lot of students😀 All might be looking for a place to clear their doubts and learn more about various...
Guys, I'm looking for bulk sms service providers in India. Do you have any suggestions/recommendations?
Hi everybody.My name is G.Preetham. I am pursuing my final year B.tech in ELECTRICAL engineering from gitam university and i am planning to do prepaid energy meter as my 4-1...