Discussing my project- Intelligent grounding system

I would like to ask help from u guys abt my project, i have just finished completing the circuit design and the idea of the project

this is how my project looks like #-Link-Snipped-#

Basically this is how the project works like.. Using ohms law the two rods gives me an indication value.. say value A(viewable at the voltmeter).. this value is take at the point where the rod is grounded and the megger tester gives me a reading of say 2 ohms so i would set this value A to the dial of the control box, so when every the reading on the voltmeter exceeds value A, the treatment is called in. It decreases the rod reading to below value A. by doing this im able to maintain the grounding resistance to a safe value.

But currently im having problem regarding this single ground set up, Where is this set up usually used? Are they for end users home? or for large buildings? wat are they actually used for? are they to ground lightning overcurents?

Would be greatful if anyone could give me the answer and give me some comments on the project design.. Thanks in advance😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Image added to the original post 😀

[Update: Dello removed the image. Don't know why.]
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    are you mentioning the technique using clamps???
  • dello
    dello
    which technique are u talking about? do u mean the megger testing?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah,earth testing instruments are available,and your method of one spike is doe in 2 ways either by shorting VI terminals or through clamps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All CEans , So you guys don't get enough time to try your hands on programming? No tensions anymore, you will be given a chance here to do simple...
Hello friends, I'm doing my final year electronics project on Voice based control of home appliances ... v r using microcontroller which takes the text input compares it with de...
HI to all this Thread reader I wanna need help for my project . It's quite intersting topic . I'm instrumentation and control enginnering final sem student,making project. The difficulties...
I am developing firebug as my final year project. Can anyone suggest any improvements that should be included in the existing firebug so that I can try to implement them...
I visited official websites of engineering colleges specifically from India. I was amazed to find out that most of the engineering colleges boasted their placement records and also displayed which...