discuss Computer Ethics vs Regular Ethics

Is there an ethical difference between browsing through someone’s computer files and browsing through someone's desk drawer?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I don't think there is a difference. Unless those files and folders are marked as "shared" by the owner, those e-documents are as private as the real life equivalent.
  • safwan
    safwan
    Well, I say may be browsing file from the someones desk but with permission its ethical , I agree. but if not permitted then no.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Well you are right but In general person hesitate while opening one’s drawer in his/her absence but not when he opens computer files whether he/she is permitted or not

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many more Happy returns of the day dileep. Enjoy your Birthday. 😁😁😁😁😁
hello friend i have a pen drive which not working i did not understand what to do i have some impoetnt document i n it my laptop does read the...
view the attached image ...and express your ideas ^_^
Name: Karthick Kanagalingam *Engineering Trade: Electroncis Engineering Location: Toronto Ontario, Canada!
Have you ever think what is programming?? I hope your answer will be similar to me Programming is the task of solving certain problems using computer. but no after participating...