Discovery Channel Curiosity "Did God Create The Universe" In 3 Parts Here

I am sure this can raise a good, healthy debate here.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hasn't anyone watched this series?
    It's the first episode of the Discovery 'Curiosity' Series where Stephen Hawking unfolds his personal, compelling vision of the biggest question of all: Who or what created the universe in which we live? The groundbreaking series of cutting-edge CG combined with Hawking's witty, distinctive and incisive worldview is a must watch.

Now, we take the journey a step further, as physics and cosmology become tools to answer questions that philosophers have struggled with for thousands of years.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Interesting!!

In effect, he says the universe was more like a very small and very dense black hole, and because of the big bang, the universe created itself.
    And the argument that since there was no 'Time' before the big bang, there could not exist a creator who created it makes sense too.

But still, there must have been a tipping point, when the big bang actually happened.. Right? i.e, there is a black hole, and it suddenly bursts. Why does it burst?
    What 'caused' the big bang?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Why does it burst?
    What 'caused' the big bang?
    Exactly the questions that I have too.
    I don't know why Mr. Hawking wants to jump to this conclusion. The theory that everything is created from nothing is proved scientifically, but when we use the term 'created' questions like why and by whom are bound to arise.
  • lal
    lal
    My another doubt. Universe was a black hole.Okay
    Now, where does this black hole or universe situates. For something to converge or expand or explode, there must be a space beyond it, a space where the universe is situated. Like our milky-way is inside the universe, the whole universe must be inside something.
    *just my thoughts*

And, doesn't this have an expiration and manufacturing date? Or is it the steady state theory that wins?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiiiiiii everyone, i am doing my btech in aeronautical stream.....i want your help in selecting good,interesting topics in aeronautical subject to give a presentation. so i feel the seniors &...
Hi CEans, my project is "wireless electronics notice board". The project is built around the PIC16F887 micro controller from Atmel. This micro controller provides all the functionality of the display...
Well, the question is simple, yet it's complicated. How do you create a Robot which can think? Robotics is a field that's long been classified as the step into the...
I am creating video tutorials for the Visual Basic .NET language. LINK: I learn Visual Basic .NET
Hong Kong, 27 September 2011 – Last year, the world's airlines spent $140 billion on jet fuel. Now, the Air Transport Action Group (ATAG), an organisation representing parties from across...