Direction of work and heat interaction

A personal computer is to be examined from a thermodynamic perspective.
Determine the direction of the work and heat interactions (in or out) when (a)
keyboard (in operation), (b) monitor, (c) processing unit, and (d) all of the these
are taken as system. Any suggestion plisss??

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Second law of thermodynamics operates in all situations.
    All work done ultimately degenerates into heat and warms up the device, be it key board, monitor, CPU or all together.
    The total heat output will be exactly equal to the total power input to the system from the grid and the mechanical energy of the fingers pressing the keys.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Mostly the heat actually flows in one direction, that is through the walls of the monitor and CPU casings. and it generally flows from inside to outside, due to the working and heating of the internal circuitry.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have seen modern students are not respecting teachers & professors anymore. This New Generation students are thinking as all teachers & professors are dumb , and assumes that they...
Taking cue from this thread : https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/most-encouraging-words-youve-ever-heard.57592/ I thought we can have one for the opposite too. Words sometimes hurt more than actions. Share the words that have discouraged you...
Apple's latest OSX offers Airdrop facility to share files between computers in near proximity. I'm looking for the maximum supported range. It just doesn't always work if the two OSX...
k.arunchary sr.hardwar engg self and working 2years in embedded systems to became prof.in electronincs in CE i found advance and new technology such that i can update my self in...
I see a lot of people get confused between Its and It's. I figured out an easy way to remember the correct usage and here it is - Its: Of...