Direct: A Private Messaging Feature On Instagram Unveiled For iOS & Android

Taking a cue from other social messaging apps Instagram now lets you send photos, videos and text messages privately to select followers. Dubbed as Direct, the feature can be found on the latest version 5.0 that was released on the Apple App Store and Google Play after the announcement was made at the company’s New York event. When users get their hands on the updated app they shall be able to see two share options, one that lets them share the edited image or video with all of their followers and the other that lets them send images and videos privately to up to fifteen contacts. The recipients have to follow you in order to receive the private message.

Instagram  Direct

Unlike WhatsApp, you won’t be able to send text messages to your followers directly; conversations can only be built in form of comments on a privately shared photo. If someone whom you don't follow you sends you a photo it shall go to your request section from where you will be able to view or ignore the photo. Instagram also says that the photos that are sent via Instagram Direct cannot be shared on Twitter or Facebook and they will be devoid of hashtags and mentions. Since Instagram for Windows Phone is still in beta the Instagram Direct feature will not be available for the Windows ecosystem.

If you do wish to know more about Instagram Direct, have a look at the video below and head over to the source link below it.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Instagram is good for sharing pics; I would say one of the widely used app for sharing photos across the world.;

However the only annoying feature was you need to go keep checking for the profiles you want to follow, With the new feature, as soon as someone wants you to see his/her pic Instagram Direct will allow to get a notification and you will be good to go,

Meanwhile the new 5.0.1 version had Insta Direct at top right that allows you to send Picture / video message with just a tap.. the version was released on 12-Dec, Enjoy and share your views / issues / good things you see...

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which framework is best in java to develop enterprise application struts2 or spring.....
Hi my fellow CEANS, I am creating this thread to know your valuable comments on this. "Everyone knows that our country got an independence from British on August 15th 1947"...
If you are a new member of the CE Community, this is a good place to start! 1. Introduce Yourself Click on the link above and share how awesome you...
I see a lot of plastic waste in my house but i don't know to safely dispose it.if anyone had suggestions ......please don't hesitate to post....Especially electronic waste.
Lenovo, the big brand from China, has launched two new smartphones with Lenovo S930 and S650 that run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system and have got Dual SIM...