Dimming function

I currently have a system with 10 bulbs at 150 W each. They run on 28 V (max). A variac steps down the 115 VAC and allows the lights to be dimmed. I wanted to convert to a system that completely uses solid state components instead of the variac. The dimming function must be able to be controlled through a computer. Is there any circuits or COTS components that anyone could recommend? Thanks for any help.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

do i need to add friends in CE? i am from malaysia and now in final year at my institution(universiti kuala lumpur British malaysian Institute) in Data Communication course.. this...
1:-You are a landscape designer and your boss asked you to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other?Tell me How? 2:-If one tyre...
It was given by a resident of washington. He does not believe that the world will end in 2012. ______________________________________________________________ As the days pass, so grows the fear of the...
Process Hacker Version: 1.5 File Size: 1199 Process Hacker is an astoundingly useful and full-featured tool for monitoring and hacking ongoing processes on your PC. There is an astonishing amount...
I have a 340 cc, 4 stroke, single cylinder, air cooled engine. It radiates excessive heat immediately after its start. suggest me the reasons for it thanks!