Digital filter role

We know that Rectangular Window has steep drop in gain and so we get ripples in the pass band and stop band. But if we need ideal response for any filter there has to be steep drop in the gain at the cut off frequency

So how does digital filters avoid these ripples that to when ever we are trying to get nearer to the ideal response

lowpass

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    not exactly but it will do 70 to 90% in general where digitized system implemented in communication media etc .
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah I was looking into some filters and they had a very little variations from ideal response But they did not have ripples at all

How is that possible sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With a lot of autocrats and automobile freaks Recently we have a overflow in the number of threads that tells us a lot about cars, Bikes Autoshows and even other...
As concentration to replace petroleum fuels are now developing all over the globe the next fuel option is bio-fuels when compared with the electric vehicle type. But production of bio...
I'm thinking of a Project on "Robotic arm controlled with the eye movement"...can anyone suggest me about how to start this...I want to do it using cmos camera rather than...
Sony has a lot of expertise in the portable digital music player segment with its extensive range of Walkmans, headphones and speakers. Many of you must have bought either one...
Hello, I want to learn about BackTrack OS Just downloaded BackTrack 5 R3 from the official site https://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/ I want to learn it from scratch.. Does anyone have any idea...