Diffrentiate between ABS(anti lockbrakes) and disc brakes

Guys can you diffrentiate between ABS(anti lockbrakes) and disc brakes..how does ABS work

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Think of ABS as a braking accessory that works with the disc or drum braking system. ABS uses sensors to monitor the wheels. Once wheel lock is acheived, the ABS system activates and begins to rapidly pulse the brake system, thus eliminating wheel lock and allowing control under braking conditions.
  • Vijay Balaji
    Vijay Balaji
    is there a mechanical abs
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, before ABS was electronic, there were mechaincal means
  • Vijay Balaji
    Vijay Balaji
    😒I cannot find anything about mechanical abs in the internet...can u tell me the website where i can find mechanical abs..I'm planning to do a project work on it..
  • gohm
    gohm
    You are probably going to have to invest more time then a simple internet search. I don't believe anyone uses mechanical abs anymore so you will need to consult some auto design books, auto history books, library, etc. the info is out there.

Also, i just noticed wikipedia has a small sound bite on them, maybe you can dig a bit deeper in your internet search?
  • Vijay Balaji
    Vijay Balaji
    i"m planning to do a project based on mechanical abs...till now i havent heard about mechanical abs
  • Vijay Balaji
    Vijay Balaji
    CAN U suggest any new innovative ideas that i could work on..
  • gohm
    gohm
    Automated emergency braking systems are being developed and put into production. How about that?
  • Vijay Balaji
    Vijay Balaji
    thank u..that was usefull info
  • cuga
    cuga
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    If any one have information about abs please post it in this thread..
  • veena912
    veena912
    4 wheel disc brakes simply mean that they are disc on all four wheels as opposed to drum brakes in the back like usuall. Disc are better, easier to fix but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. Now ABS means Anti-locking Brake System. Now this means that when you slam on the brake pedal to stop real fast that your wheels will not lock up and you will not slide. Making you stop faster and with less effort. Its great in the rain or ice it helps SO much. in my opinion you should ALWAYS buy a car with ABS its a huge difference, and much much safer.. Its worth it, expecialy if you are buying a new car. ...good luck and if u still dont understand ,,write me.
  • veena912
    veena912
    4me rather than trying ABS just go EWB ( ELECTRONIC WEDGE BRAKE SYSTEM)
    which are far more superior than ABS because the braking is done by the wedges but both have one thing in common both are actuated by sensors, though you have cars with ABS these EWB are still in prototype stages .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all i am Ahmed from Egypt i am Student at first year of Computer science engineering faculty in Egypt i wonder if i could get some help finding a...
hi guys, i have got an assignment to simulate shaft speed on a turbo and i have do do the simulation on matlab simulink. The main aim is to produce...
https://www.efunda.com/DesignStandards/sensors/lvdt/images/lvdt_how.gif
Official Website: Emerging Technologies Conference at MIT The conference that brings you the technology before the headline The annual EmTech@MIT conferencegives you access to the most innovative labs, companies, and...
CEans, I wish to know the exam end dates for your college/University. I'm expecting greater traffic to CE as soon as exams are over. It'll help us be ready for...