different routing techniques

ok, this one is to trigger a discussion
Few of the CEans are aware of adhoc networking and as far as I know there are almost 8 different types of routing techniques quite famous ones being topological routing and geographic routing. i understand each technique is chosen based on the number of nodes, type of topology , signal strength and other basic factors. By how do we decide which applies best?
for example for networks having nodes at very far of distances we need high power transmitters , else we can opt for relay nodes other wise one part of given network might be highly mobile which justifies geographic routing and another part might not be ..so how do we actually decide what s the best technique for a given topology?
PS: these musing might sound silly for many, sorry about that but I am just looking for solutions!!!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Be very frank. Tell us whether you're happy with the quality of education you get in your college. What's right & what's wrong. PS: Do not post your college name,...
college life is full of joys and sorrows . every one has some great non forgotten-able moments which when came to your mind you will have a different kind of...
So, throughout your college - you were either a front bencher or a back bencher ๐Ÿ˜ Vote on the poll and tell us something more about your experiences as front...
I see lot of engineering students visit CE searching for summer internships on the Internet. Do you think summer internships are necessary?
We had few posts here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...rating-system-thoughts-ideas-discussions.html Reigniting the discussion through this thread. I'm hoping to see lot of great responses. An instant ON operating system, as the name suggests, would...