Differences between force method and displacement method of analysis.

Can somebody list the differences between both methods. rather than explaining each method, a comparison between them is needed.

Replies

• Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Hashim Evt
    Can somebody list the differences between both methods. rather than explaining each method, a comparison between them is needed.
    Force Method (flexibility method) in this method redundant reactions are calculated.
    >> determine degree of statical indeterminacy
    >>remove redundancies
    >>calculate deflections
    >>establish equilibrium

Deflection Method, In this method displacements are taken as unknown such as in a propped cantilever
    >>kinematic indeterminacy(KI) are found
    >>KI are suppressed.
    >>reactions/moments calculated
    >>establish equilibrium
  • Hashim Evt
    Hashim Evt
    thank u sir. but can u pls help preparing a short note about that topic? now i know tge differenc. but dont how to explain the differences in good words. can u pls mak a note n publish here for me?
    god bless u.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Hashim Evt
    thank u sir. but can u pls help preparing a short note about that topic? now i know tge differenc. but dont how to explain the differences in good words. can u pls mak a note n publish here for me?
    god bless u.
    its better if you go through some solved examples on your own to get a grip on the topics. It will make your work easier.
  • Hashim Evt
    Hashim Evt
    Thank u sir. but its to prepare short answer for my uni. exam.... and i was confused to explain..
  • Rohit kumar
    Rohit kumar

Pls help me I want structural analysis 2 notes

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have had my sleepless nights from past one month, working and developing a new Image Processing Language IQL and a complete new framework for managing images, ImageGrassy(TM). Got it...
Wondering how much of a difference can leaving 'mobile data' setting on or off can make to the battery life of your phone. I noticed that if I let the...
I'm solving some problems based on law of parallelogram of forces. I completely understand the concept and how to prove that 😀 But I've one silly question, look at problem...
The Patent Analysis Management System portal https://ict-ipr.cdac.in, a single window interface for all Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) related activities in the ICT Sector, is getting very popular with researchers, academia...
How can I know which company offers implant training and When?How to approach?