Difference between writing and burning?

is there any difference between writing and burning ???๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• debu
    debu
    @qaisarpk1: Your question isn't quite clear, are you talking about cd's/dvd's ? or microcontrollers? or something else?

As such, someone may answer: "One requires a pen, the other a matchbox!"

Regards,

Debu ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    There is no difference- writing files to a CD involves using a LASER to leave marks on the CD that can be re-interpreted later on by another CD player. Because of the fact a laser is used, the term 'burning' has come into common use.
  • qaisarpk1
    qaisarpk1
    i am asking about IC . it may be microcontroller or any other IC..
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Nice Vishnu priya ๐Ÿ˜€
    well I would also like to know. I am lacking knowledge on this topic too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • debu
    debu
    @qaisarpk1: With regards to Micro controllers, EEPROMs, OTP Logic, FPGAs, CPLDs etc., burning, writing, programming, and possibly many other terms all refer to the same thing, i.e the process of loading a binary file to a Non-volatile memory.

Regards,

Debu ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    It would be interesting to know the history of the phrases, anyone know? I bet "writing" came first before laser applications when data was stored on drives, cartridge reels & discs. Once cd's became a storage media and lasers used, that coined the phrase "burning".
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    in case of ICs write the code and burn on chip lol
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I haven't verified this view yet, but its possible that the burning process also relates to a writing method on EPROMS that require UV ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Small Talk Link: Gerard Beekmans โ€“ Building Linux From Scratch - CrazyEngineers Interview Credits: CEan - Durga Discuss the interview in this thread! ๐Ÿ˜€
Building the vocabulary : Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese This is the link which has sufficient set of words which can be learn't over the period of time, by...
send me details about sensotronis brake sontrol plz
Hello Crazy i am V.D crazy computer engineer just completed my final year exam. And waiting for result. I am from Junagadh The native of AsianLION. I'm interested in softwar...
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. When I open the Run dialog box and press the letter "F," a drop-down list of file names appears