CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • ira012

MemberOct 20, 2008

Woofer is the term commonly used for a loudspeaker driver designed to produce low frequency sounds typically from around 40 hertz up to about a kilohertz whereas a subwoofer is a woofer a complete loudspeaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass audio frequencies from perhaps 50 hz as far as 20 Hz or in rare cases lower😉

• engrasad

MemberOct 20, 2008

ira012
    Woofer is the term commonly used for a loudspeaker driver designed to produce low frequency sounds typically from around 40 hertz up to about a kilohertz whereas a subwoofer is a woofer a complete loudspeaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass audio frequencies from perhaps 50 hz as far as 20 Hz or in rare cases lower😉

subwoofers are stereo bass producing speakers that takes 2 positive inputs and a negative input...dual coil.. there frequence range is lower then to normal woofer, also, subwoofer are specified,not to produce anysound above there limitations, so u cannt usually listen voices or any type of music from them.

woofer are ist of all mono.. 1 positive & negative input... single coil... can produce frequency out of there limited range....

i have had a long relation with audio systems since i was in 10 standerd,
    i have made alot of speaker myself.... buying the skeleton and putting on the coils,daiphrame,spiders etc in them , adjusting the frequency level by coil position....
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • YourTechMate

MemberOct 20, 2008

Hey, Although I am a software engineer by job, but got craze for Audio systems and Automobiles. [Automobiles here is out the topic ; ))] could you please provide me any link of yours where there is a step by step guide to create a subwoofer at home , kinda DIY subwoofer project with crisp and clear step by step guidelines ??
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register