Difference between Wiki and CMS? Which one is better?

Could someone share the basic differences between Wiki and CMS?

{CMS = Content Management System.}

Which one is better and for what purposes?

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Wiki is Hierarchical Information compilation. It is article centric. Say a person A writes on a topic. person B can update it. The article itself can contain an Index for the Inner Items. Several Such articles can be linked together like you use tag cloud. By default Commenting on the article is not provided, you can do that with some twik in the script. They are best for Educational or Information Articles.

CMS allows Blogging, Articles, Books, Media sharing and everything. Each content is called a Node. Access control is allocated by administrator. So basically It is more interactive one with several Options.

Wiki is preferred for Tutorial Sites.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Folks, The CE Chit-Chat is the fun zone, the area of entertainment and uncontrollable ideas. So here's an INDEX to the Associations and Fun-Starters that were started in CE...
See what they had to say about their time on Technion campus. [video=youtube;fxTRhMHA7-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTRhMHA7-0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
JK Lasers has enhanced its product portfolio with the introduction of a high powered 1kW fiber laser, capable of providing exceptional levels of power and control for a wide range...
I am a student of 4th year.. my academics: 10th: 69% 12th: 69% b.tech(IT): 65% upto 6th sem..but having a back in electrical subject of first year till now..since this...
First of all, I am really very sorry for posting a non-technical thread, but i am very confused and i really need your help over this topic. I am a...