Difference between vehicle engineering and automobile engineering....

hi dude, my name is niranjan and i am little confused by the colleges some offering vehicle engineering as a masters degree....and other automotive...which one is better and what is the difference between them......

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    "automotive" and "vehicle" have the same meaning and there is no difference between them except for the name.

But however "automation" is a different thing altogether.

do not confuse that with "automotive".
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    so when i googled about vehicle engineering its showing that it consists of aerospace, marine, and automotive engineering the three different categories in wikipedia........@zaveri so automation is completely not related to automotive engineering...........right...
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Niru91
    so when i googled about vehicle engineering its showing that it consists of aerospace, marine, and automotive engineering the three different categories in wikipedia........@zaveri so automation is completely not related to automotive engineering...........right...

yeah. but what i cant understand is that, marine, aerospace, and automobile themselves are independent branches. how can they be combined in just one course and taught deeply in just four semesters ?
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    zaveri
    yeah. but what i cant understand is that, marine, aerospace, and automobile themselves are independent branches. how can they be combined in just one course and taught deeply in just four semesters ?
    ya i was too confused there so there would not be much syllabus difference in between these two engineering streams so as per you what would be the future of this branch if i do take up.......hey just type like vehicle engineering in wiki tou will be getting this "Vehicle Engineering"........
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    "#-Link-Snipped-#"
    hey dude this is the course description that was offered by kth royal institute in sweden....and in university of berlin too offers this course but i am not aware of the syllabus they would be having.....
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The second link which you have given says that vehicle engineering only consists of automobile and locomtive engineering. this sounds sensible and fair enough.

wikipedia's explanation implies that vehicle engineering deals with mobility, but for that you needn't study all the three branches like aerospace, automobile and marine.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    First time heard but good to learn.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir,in 2014 i will complete my btech...n my age will only 20 year that time..n i am not able to attempt IES exam..i want govt job? what can i do?...
which version of IS 456 is good..how it cost? pls give detail about it....thanks in advance..
Well here is a new idea: now in thermal power plants, which employ boilers and turbines, how about replacing the boiler shell with a giant sterling engine. the main shaft...
Cams are mostly produced by milling operation, but then what is the detailed procedure ? what kind of cutting tool to be used ? what kind of machine (horizontal or...
I guess the title says it all . to be honest i am not literate in matters like these.