difference between source data rate and transmission data rate?

Can anybody tell me in simple the difference between source data rate and transmission data rate?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Transmisson rates depends on the speed of the interface , size of the queue buffers I suppose. let me get back to you with proper information.
  • etermpapers5
    etermpapers5
    Its difficult for me also to define it but i know that transmission of high-data-rate optical signals through a micrometer-scale silicon ring resonator.Hope this definition help you.
  • greatcoder
    greatcoder
    awais.uia
    Can anybody tell me in simple the difference between source data rate and transmission data rate?
    Hello,

Source Data Rate refers to the rate at which the source is producing the data i.e. It reflects the capability of the source that how many bits/bytes it can pump in one second.

Transmission Data Rate refers to the capability of the transmission medium to carry the produced data through it. For a better understanding you can view the transmission medium analogous to a pipe carrying water where water is analogous to the data stream. The THICKER the pipe, the higher is the transmission bandwidth. Mediums with good transmission bandwidth are: Optical Fibers.
    They use optical light waves to transmit the data using reflection and Total INTERNAL REFLECTION.
    Thus Transmission Rate is limited by the medium u are using to propagate the data produced by the source.

Hope this analogy is helpful to you.
    Regards

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone explain to me how a battery works. What I am really trying to figure out is what creates that potential difference across terminals in order for charge to...
HI, I am working in structural glazing industry;So i wanted to change the depth of the dies;So what are all the factors affecting the dies?,,,, Pls i hope at least...
Hi, How to find out the plastic section modulus of irregular sections;
can any one send me link for ebook of dip anil.k.jain and antenna and wave propagation k.d.prasadth
Before moving to my own small house with a large garden I use to live on the fifth floor of a sprawling apartment block. From the balcony I could look...