CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Abhishek Rawal • 24 Jul, 2013
I know the basic difference, I want to know where, when & under which condition partial differentiation is used 7 under which condition differentiation is used ?
What is the main criteria which is needed for partial differentiation ?
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 24 Jul, 2013 Partial differentiation is used only if the variable is a function of more than to variables

Eg

A=F(x,y) Where X=F(t) and Y=F(t)

Then while differentiating A completely with respect to t we go for partial differentiation

DA/Dt= dA/dx*Dx/Dt+dA/dy*Dy/Dt

A=x^2+y^2
x=3t^2+1
y=6t

Now to find DA/Dt we need to partially differentiate A with respect to X and Y

But we must completely differentiate X and Y equations

dA/dx=2x
dA/dy=2y
Dx/Dt=6t
Dy/Dt=6

This implies

DA/Dt =2x*6t +2y*6
Instead of x and y we substitute the equations of x and y thus we get DA/Dt a complete differential solution
4.4k views

Related Posts

@AKSHAY ROHOKALE · Mar 7, 2015

Project Abstract / Summary : In the previous days, the separation and counting of coins was done manually. It was tedious and monotonous job. It need extra man power and...
8.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 19, 2013

Happy Auto is a new Android application launched by Bangalore City Police in India under the 'Sugama Savari' campaign to keep a check on Auto Rickshaw drivers so that they...
3.1k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 29, 2013

Reading about India's upcoming ambitious Mars mission, I discovered that ISRO and Indian Government is spending over Rs. 450 crore to send a satellite to orbit mars. What's more shocking...
3.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 7, 2013

Made out of mineral glass, the Casio G-Shock GA-110AC-ZA watch is water, shock and magnetic resistant and is now available across India at a price of Rs. 8,995. Making way...
3.6k views

@Dhananjay Harkare · Mar 6, 2015

We have already heard about companies like Tesla, Google, Apple and others working on self-driving cars, but now reports claims that Mahindra is going to join this elite league. Indian...
3.3k views