Difference between Serial schedule & Serializability (ADBMS)

What are the differences between Serial schedule and Serializability?
As i concerned, a schedule is said to be Serial if all the operation of transaction executes consicutively without any interference from other transaction. For ex. schedule1 is a serial schedule if in it only one transaction executes at any given time.
When a non-serial schedule produced the same result as serial schedule then,itis known as Serializability.
Can anyone elaborates these terms with real life examples?????😕

Replies

• 4M4N
    4M4N
    locking is not required in case of serial schedule because no other transaction can interfere with it, but in other case there might be other processes that are occurring and accessing the variables of the one , so locking mechanism is required, but in the end the result is same

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! I am MegaByte from Maharashtra, India. And I am doing engineering in Computer Science. I joined CrazyEngineers because I found it interesting that all the engineers around share...
any one help me to plot empircial distribution function.... let i have sample of data like ....7,3,-9,0,-5,5,9,-8.. plz help me to solve it .... thanx
am interested in doin port scanner...can yu please tel me wat exactly it is n de codin fr de same....thanks in advance
Hi I got about 20 broken PC power supplies for Rupees 65 each and I want to fix one for the 12V supply to some PC fans. There are three...
please suggest me some topics for electrical engineering final year projects related to power systems