difference between object oriented and procedure oriented language

what is the difference between object oriented and procedure oriented language

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Object oriented : you have some object and how can they interect and what can they do.
    procedure language : how a task would be done.
    Ex: For credit card transaction program . you have some object like customer, User_bank,Bank institution,merchant, merchant_bank
    [โ€‹IMG]
    In object oriented these objects can perform certain task they are independent of each other.
    But in Procedural Programming:
    you can have only process how certain task would be performed.
    1.payment of customer to his bank.
    2.payment of bank to Bank institution
    3.payment of bank institution to merchant's bank
    4.payment of bank will pay to merchant.

In procedural programming you need to writed 4 payments procedures to perform task. but in object you will have just one payment_method which can by override by object to do things.

main advantage of object oriented is objects are independent of each other.any change in place doesn't reflect the working of other other object.
    these can be understand using technical term of object oriented like encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance....
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    @ #-Link-Snipped-#
    In object oriented, interaction between task is possible, In procedural programing,a process can do only specified task.
    this what I have understood from your reply. Is it rite
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    interaction between object using messages.
    Object do certain task and pass messages (parameter) to other object.
  • vinci
    vinci
    yes object communication(message passing) is possible in OOPs . objects communicates via methods .While in procedural langue, procedures transfer information ,display also.hey depends on procedures mostly
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    aarthivg
    what is the difference between object oriented and procedure oriented language
    I think the answer is late but still may help many who keep visiting this thread :

"Object Oriented" programming approach was introduced in late 80s but if going on the spiritual lines one should say God, the great engineer who designed this universe had this same approach in designing it; I must say "the world is worth living because it runs the object oriented way" (of course apart from being non-procedural, another aspect of this beautiful world).

Technically, object oriented approach is defined as "encapsulation" of attributes (variables) and methods (programs) which manipulate those variables to produce certain output depending upon which of the methods have been revoked. An example is the need of the order for this definition to make sense to the beginners or juniors.

What do you do when you feel like having a "brick oven pizza" on your lunch? You call a nearby pizza hut service, right? and then you provide the service with the toppings (technically each topping is a variable and you provide a value for it) of your choice and then tell the service the type of pizza you want, in this case "brick oven pizza". Now you know each of those classified pizzas are made in certain way or process (read Method), so technically you invoke the method. And you get the pizza delivered (the output). And so call "pizza hut" an object.

Actually we may use and extend this same example to understand various properties of an "object" like inheritance, polymorphism, overloading etc.

The procedure oriented approach is different in the sense that you stand in the pizza hut kitchen and explain each and every step for making the pizza, for that you need to know how to make pizza, apart from which ingredients to put and every time you like to have the pizza, you may not just order, so isn't it difficult? In programming, the object oriented way has some ready-made objects as "capsulated" units and easy to replace with similar unit (as a unit as far as input and output are same, if pizza hut is closed then try Domino's with same ease), whereas procedural approach will need to make changes to the code of procedure and every other program which depends on it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That was indeed a neat explanation.
    Glad to have you here with us. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The procedure oriented approach is different in the sense that you stand in the pizza hut kitchen and explain each and every step for making the pizza, for that you need to know how to make pizza, apart from which ingredients to put and every time you like to have the pizza, you may not just order, so isn't it difficult? In programming, the object oriented way has some ready-made objects as "capsulated" units and easy to replace with similar unit (as a unit as far as input and output are same, if pizza hut is closed then try Domino's with same ease), whereas procedural approach will need to make changes to the code of procedure and every other program which depends on it.
    Awesome Explanation ๐Ÿ‘ I'll tell this example if anyone ask me this question ๐Ÿ˜›

#-Link-Snipped-# - Waiting for more good posts ๐Ÿ‘
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Woah!!! "brick oven pizza" Where do you frame the examples from man! Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    Praveen-Kumar
    Woah!!! "brick oven pizza" Where do you frame the examples from man! Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thank you so much for your compliments. I have always believed that the technical implementations are based on models drawn from the real world and nature only. Remember the philosophy of "crazyengineers.com", the god is the greatest engineer? I liked that, so I joined and realizing that everyday. Each of us, as an engineer, is small incarnation of god. You too can do it guys. There's nothing different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi if there are any electrical engineer working in a powerplant preferrably in india please give some idea on laying of electrical conduit in power plant.you are most welcome to...
what is the efffect of return loss /VSWR values of an antenna on the sidelobe level performance of an antenna
Hello there , I am a 2nd year university student studying computer science , I have an industrial placement for next year but we kinda have to write an unofficial...
Hello Experts, Gate result was out on March 15, 2012. I am pretty much interested to go for this PSU. Please let me know the cut-off for Computer Science 2011...
Can anybody tell me about powerpoint presentations about this topic????