Difference between Netbook and Notebook

1. Size - One of the primary differences between netbooks and notebooks is their size. Netbooks are generally 12 inches or smaller, while notebooks are typically much larger.

2. Power - The smaller size of netbooks comes at a price. Netbooks are underpowered compared to full featured notebooks, when it comes to things such as processor speeds and graphics cards. This makes netbooks less than ideal for processor intensive tasks such as image editing or playing the latest 3D games, and even simple tasks may seem slower on a netbook.

3. Capacity - Another area in which netbooks don’t quite stack up to compared to larger notebooks is storage capacity. Many netbooks use solid state drives, which are ultra energy efficient and resistant to impact (which makes them ideal for portables), but do not have as much capacity as regular hard drives.

4. Price - The one area where netbooks excel in is price. Most netbooks sell for less than $600 US dollars, and some can be found for as low as $300.

Replies

• ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    Good infomation sarvash thank you for sharing
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    @ sarvesh :- nice info...
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hello sarvesh
    can you please tell difference on basis of application between these??
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Sorry, I am not able to understand your question!

Can you please make it more clear?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I mean why we use..net book and notebook...??
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    goyal420
    I mean why we use..net book and notebook...??
    Let me answer this.

Netbooks are used for light computing i.e. browsing the internet, playing music, videos, (may be) programming purposes, etc.

Notebooks are used for regular computing like editing videos, playing videos, etc.

Notebooks are faster than netbooks. You cannot perform processor eating tasks on the netbooks. A netbook, as the name suggests is meant for browsing the internet. Although they are perfect for people on the go.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    still confused...can you give any example...or it is simply a term to refer this
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    goyal420
    still confused...can you give any example...or it is simply a term to refer this
    On what aspect are you confused, can you make it more clear?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I mean
    Is the netbook or notebook term used in world of compters to refer something or like a software ??
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Why would be a netbook or notebook be referred to a software.

Be it a notebook, netbook, toughbook, or a macbook, all are basically laptops. They have different names because of their applications.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks gaurav ..ie what i want to know?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    sorry for the late reply goyal

@gaurav: thanks for the reply

As gaurav said notebook and netbooks are different versions of laptops. This means that this is like cornetto and chocobar are two different chocolate ice-creams from Kwality Walls

they intend to target different segment of consumers and so satisfy different needs

they were actually came into existence to introduce lighter versions of laptops that can be suited to those people who use their laptops for selective purposes only and doesn't need the heavyweight big clumsy laptops that carry a whole lot more of world than them and that with a very less price than its ancestors and peers

that is why notebook was named as for it symbolises a notebook in size and usage you would use in a college for just keeping down the written

and netbook was probably named as it was meant to be a very light laptop for browsing internet and light applications like office,etc

so they were named as per their usability not refer or relate to anything specific computer world product

Hope I am right! 😁
  • mammu
    mammu
    Very useful information boss:clap:
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks sarvesh for this information

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is Two machines can produce P & Q Products independently. Each machine can work for 8 hours each day. The time taken by each machine...
Folks, I am looking for a blower to produce a flow of ~150cfm (~4m^3/min) while pumping H2 pressurized at ~40bar. The blower needs to provide a pressure increase of ~5bar....
Sir / madam, My question is A top level class may have only the following access modifier. Select one correct answer. a. package b. friendly c. private d. public Advance...
The ageing disorder and Amitabh Bachchan's look in Paa have been compared to Robin Willams' Jack and Brad Pitt's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. But those superficial similarities aside,...
I need help with a calculating the parameters for AMDSB-TC modulation with AWGN. I have to have SNR = 12 dB. I am not sure how I then calculate the...