difference between line voltage and phase voltage

Can someone explain the exact difference between line voltage and phase voltage in Electrical Engineering?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    naresh430
    difference between line voltage and phase voltage
    I believe the answer is in text books. Is there anything in particular that you do not understand about Line Voltage and Phase Voltage?

It'd help if we begin this discussion by knowing your ideas about the difference between Line and Phase voltages. Don't worry, it's okay to be wrong and no one laughs here at anyone who does sincere efforts. We're here to help and get help.
  • enginium
    enginium
    line voltage is measured between two lines like ry, rb, by. Phase voltage is measured between phase and neutral. For delta connection line voltage and phase voltage are same. For star connection the relation is
    line voltage = 1.732 * phase voltage

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the relation between voltages of 3 phase line and single phase line?
We may expect few controversies in such a big tournament; but probably not on the very first day 😔 First day of Olympics came with the first controversy. North Korea...
A British computer hacker Gary McKinnon has broke into the top USA secret military and space agency networks. As per US prosecutor this is deemed as the "biggest military computer...
Hello everyone..😀 I am Savita & I like this site. Really good site it is.
i am BE (comp. sc.) passed out 60.4% with 2 years of gap (i screw it,i agreed) and i am thinking of doing a "Diploma in Advanced Computing" course from...