1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Difference between isentropic process and polytropic process?

Question asked by zaveri in #Coffee Room on Feb 5, 2013
zaveri
zaveri · Feb 5, 2013
Rank A3 - PRO
What is the difference between isentropic process and polytropic process ? Posted in: #Coffee Room
SYED BASEERULLAH
SYED BASEERULLAH · Feb 5, 2013
Rank D1 - MASTER
In simple words,
Isentropic process is one in which the entropy remains constant throughout.
Polytropic process is one which obeys the law given below throughout the process.
[​IMG]
And the definition of entropy is very hard to explain.
VISHNUGOPAN
VISHNUGOPAN · Feb 6, 2013
Rank D2 - MASTER
A 'REVERSIBLE' adiabatic process is an Isentropic process. Here the term 'n' of[​IMG] is 1.4.
🎉
zaveri
zaveri · Feb 7, 2013
Rank A3 - PRO
SYED BASEERULLAH
In simple words,
Isentropic process is one in which the entropy remains constant throughout.
Polytropic process is one which obeys the law given below throughout the process.
[​IMG]
And the definition of entropy is very hard to explain.
as far as i understand entropy is the rate of heat lost to the environment. is it not ?
SYED BASEERULLAH
SYED BASEERULLAH · Feb 7, 2013
Rank D1 - MASTER
zaveri
as far as i understand entropy is the rate of heat lost to the environment. is it not ?
Actually entropy is a disorder in state.greater the disorder lesser will be the work doing capacity. so , i think it matches with what u said
anjali zendre
anjali zendre · Feb 9, 2013
Rank C3 - EXPERT
VISHNUGOPAN
A 'REVERSIBLE' adiabatic process is an Isentropic process. Here the term 'n' of[​IMG] is 1.4.
🎉
"n" is a poly-tropic index.it's value is not fixed 1.4,it always lies between 1 and Gama. 1 i agree it is a reversible adiabatic process.
anjali zendre
Rank C3 - EXPERT
zaveri
What is the difference between isentropic process and polytropic process ?
isentropic process and polytropic process difference.
1. isentropic is reversible adiabatic process.polytropic process is one of the proces of thermodynamic.
2. isentropic perform [​IMG]. but polytropic perform [​IMG] ,pv reletion. here p is pressure in pascal. v= volume meret cube. and y=adiabatic index,and n= polytropic index.
3. isentropic process only work transfer no heat transfer. but in polytropic heat and work both can be transfer.
4.politropic index "n" always less then adiabatic index "y",but greater then 1.
zaveri
zaveri · Feb 9, 2013
Rank A3 - PRO
anjali zendre
isentropic process and polytropic process difference.

3. isentropic process only work transfer no heat transfer. but in polytropic heat and work both can be transfer.
can you give me an example for this ?
anjali zendre
Rank C3 - EXPERT
zaveri
can you give me an example for this ?
all sudden process are adiabatic process.because sudden processes don't give time to heat transfer so.no heat transfer is there.
anjali zendre
Rank C3 - EXPERT
reversible adiabatic compression and expansion perform in piston cylinder.in spark ignition engine,Otto cycle, we study about reversible adiabatic process.
bill yorke
bill yorke · Feb 13, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Isentropic procedure - A perfect procedure wherein frictional or irreversible variables are missing e.g a liquid going through frictionless spout. 

Polytropic process - All procedures other than isentropic procedure are polytropic in nature. These are the genuine procedures which happen, in actuality, in which frictional and other genuine variables are available pretty much yet they are available.for instance, when a liquid goes through spout really not in a perfect world their will be a few or the other frictional components working contemporously. Inward surface drag of a spout.

in summary: 78PY-1581618686746.jpg

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up