Difference between "Information Technology Engineering" And "Software Engineering"?

Well, i am an "Information Technology" Engineer? Now people ask me , that am i "Software Engineer" ? What should i say to them......... to clarify them? can i call myself a "Software Engineer" cause i know how to make it.... very well? Now please give me some detail info about Computer Science, IT and Software Engineers? are all not more or less same?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Difference between "Information Technology Engineering" And "Software Engineering

We've discussed this couple of times in following threads -

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Re: Difference between "Information Technology Engineering" And "Software Engineering

but actually i think both cse and it people are known as software engineers because they both deals with the softwares
  • krishnabansal07
    krishnabansal07

IT engeneering is a broad comcept than software engeeniring...!!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy

may be i am saying about just what is software engineering
  • 4M4N
    4M4N

i think there is not much more difference between Information technology and Computer engineering.

IT includes subjects and topics related to programming, database, Web develping , network maintaining, etc...

While computer engineering mostly concentrates on Software and the architecture of computer. It will no doubt include the topics like web developing and database but it will just be overview not in depth..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am Krishna a fun loving person whose always ready to rock..so please add me here...!!๐Ÿ˜
hey friends i am using nokia 2600c before i am used bolt for browsing but it is getting java error after i had used opera can any one tell me...
Crypt Analysis Techniques in computer hacking 2011 organised by Einstein college of Engg Thirunalveli.The tech fest is on 18-19th feb 2011. This conference aims to bring together all the researchers,engineers,lecturers...
Boiler Master (Firing Rate Demand) Boiler Master (basic firing rate demand) computation is dependent on the Current operating mode like Coordinated mode , Boiler Follow mode, Turbine Follow mode ,...
Suppose my original IP address is 210.210.210.24 Now i have set the ip address of my system as 200.200.210.200 I am not getting the fact that now in this situation...