Difference between impact and impulse?

what is the differance between impact and impulse?wher do both created...?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nibhani
    I think you should get your answers in any textbook. Have you tried?
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    The_Big_K
    i think u can give me answer..hve u tried?
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    The_Big_K
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nibhani
    Look here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    sir if u have any problem with my questions then i will leave ur website...but i have rights to ask any type of question because i m a student so i will ask ....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nibhani
    sir if u have any problem with my questions then i will leave ur website...but i have rights to ask any type of question because i m a student so i will ask ....
    Don't get us wrong. We aren't asking you to leave the website. You're free to ask questions, but it'd really help if you could attempt the answers on your own and ask specific doubts that you encounter. So, let's do this -

Tell us what you think is the difference between impulse and impact and I'm sure all the mechanical engineers here would be happy to help you find the right answer.
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    sir if u want to know that what i think about this question then answer is-according to me in impact potential energy is change in to kinetic energy as u can see in the izod and charpy test..and in impulse kinetic energy is changed in to pressure energy as u can see in rocket launch...but i don't know that is it right or wrong thats why i asked it on ur webstite...can u tell me am i right or wrong?
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    well the charpy and izod impact tests that u just described,are the correct examples of impact forces.
    Impulse on the other hand is simply the product of a force and the duration for which it acts on any surface/an object.Specifically in case of pipe bends,you must have seen that how the flow of liquid,exerts a force on the pipe walls and the pipe exerts an equal and opposite reaction on the liquid.This is a classic example where both dyamic and static forces act.
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    The myth buster
    well the charpy and izod impact tests that u just described,are the correct examples of impact forces.
    Impulse on the other hand is simply the product of a force and the duration for which it acts on any surface/an object.Specifically in case of pipe bends,you must have seen that how the flow of liquid,exerts a force on the pipe walls and the pipe exerts an equal and opposite reaction on the liquid.This is a classic example where both dyamic and static forces act.
    u are telling about the application of impulse force but as i said in the sense of physical significance that impact force is a force which is applied when potential energy is converted in to kinectic energy as u can see in izod and charpy test...similary i want to know the exact difinition of impulse in the form of its physical significance....and a/c to me that when in case of impulse pressure energy is converted in to kinetic energy..am i right? and if wrong then give me suitable definition.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    nibhani
    The same difference which is difference between running and velocity.

impulse is not a general word. it is a physics word which has been derived using formula
    (force*time period ), this process generally called as impact, a general word which is defined as high velocity collision.
    Do you have any formula for impact😨 .
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    an impulse may also be regarded as the change in momentum of an object to which a force is applied..
    Impulse is:
    The gun powder accelerating the bullet in a rifle,
    The bow string accelerating the arrow,
    The rocket engines accelerating the shuttle,
    The fist accelerating the punching bag.
    yeah the conversion of presure energy into kinetic energy is true..e.g this occurs in the case when the steam passes over the blades of a reaction turbine..here pressure energy is converted into kinetic energy of steam..!!
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    ianoop
    The same difference which is different between running and velocity.

impulse is not a general word. it is a physics word which has been derived using formula
    (force*time period ), this process generally called as impact, a general word which is defined as high velocity collision.
    Do you have any formula for impact😨 .
    Well there is no such thing..impact in simple sense is a sudden heavy blow..refer any SOM textbook..you'll find what u need..!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the application of ericssion and atkinson cycle?
When Apple launched the magnetic smart cover, I thought it was a an amazing innovation and indeed it was. But it just did the most basic thing - cover the...
hey!guyz please suggest me for mah project in communication field.... i m confused...... please please.....suggest me a gr8 project.....
86 out of 100 IIT JEE toppers have opted for IIT Bombay. That's a surprisingly high ratio for the IIT preferences. I'm wondering what makes IIT-B more attractive to the...
​All the e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Fashion and You, Healthkart and Yebhi are being talked about every now and then. And now it is in news that the IIT...