Difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier

what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that it makes... are there any different applications for both the rectifiers....

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    rajtheking46
    what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that it makes... are there any different applications for both the rectifiers....
    Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    mreccentric
    Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
    A.V.Ramani
    Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    no sir...i am not asking about half wave and full wave rectifier....i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    rajtheking46
    .i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
    I have used a large number of such phase angle controlled power supplies for low voltage high amperage (up to 10000A) electrochemical processes. The fractured wave forms do not matter in these processes and may even be better.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a balancing feat that few can match. The end where the violin bow held in the mouth supporting a 'leaning (glass) tower' is used to play the violin...
How Action class in Struts2 handle multiple requests from client.Action class is not thread safe in struts2.How to handle concurrent requests.................
I've been looking to take up a new project for myself - being 100% honest for 2 full days and maybe if it works out well; then for 4 days...
Woof! Woof! Quote: The amazing and furry Porter 9-Volt, the musically inclined canine, performs a quick composition entitled "bow-wow-ruff-ruff." The hound dog mix has been training musically since his little...
What's the main different between auto-inverter and ups? And what are the thing to be considered in installing any? Thanks.