CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Rajasekhar Ramireddy • 20 Nov, 2013
what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that it makes... are there any different applications for both the rectifiers....
@Ramani Aswath • 20 Nov, 2013
rajtheking46
what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that it makes... are there any different applications for both the rectifiers....
Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
https://academic.cankaya.edu.tr/~mgokce/files/ece_246_dosyası/ece246_lab3.pdf
@ABCD ABCD • 20 Nov, 2013 Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
@Rajasekhar Ramireddy • 20 Nov, 2013
mreccentric
Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
A.V.Ramani
Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
https://academic.cankaya.edu.tr/~mgokce/files/ece_246_dosyası/ece246_lab3.pdf
no sir...i am not asking about half wave and full wave rectifier....i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
@Ramani Aswath • 21 Nov, 2013 • 1 like
rajtheking46
.i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
I have used a large number of such phase angle controlled power supplies for low voltage high amperage (up to 10000A) electrochemical processes. The fractured wave forms do not matter in these processes and may even be better.
12.9k views

Related Posts

@PraveenKumar Purushothaman · Jul 5, 2011

Hi Friends, with the reference from https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...-more-technologically-advanced-than-west.html, I would like to ask you all, why Ancient India was better than Present India? 😐 What made the transition or change? Why...
6.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 8, 2014

No more waiting till the results of the blood tests are out to know the correct diagnosis. If the lab-on-a-chip (LOC) concept from engineers at Michigan University works out for...
3.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 23, 2010

Communication engineers, please help me understand the difference between EV-DO and CDMA 1X. I'm totally clueless.
9.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 10, 2013

Sony literally won the E3 conference punching the hell out of Microsoft's XBOX ONE. The price of Playstation 4 in the US is $399 and it won't be wrong to...
9.1k views

@Jerome Infante · Sep 12, 2015

A pleasant day i am Jerome Infante, a student of mechatronics engineering in the Philippines. i am taking the last year and i still dont have a thesis.can you give...
15.6k views