CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberNov 20, 2013

rajtheking46
    what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that it makes... are there any different applications for both the rectifiers....
    Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • ABCD ABCD

MemberNov 20, 2013

Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
    Cancel
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy

MemberNov 20, 2013

mreccentric
    Controlled HW rectifiers and FW rectifiers are both used in power control applications. Consider and water heating application to understand.
    A.V.Ramani
    Are you by chance referring to half wave and full wave bridge rectifiers?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    no sir...i am not asking about half wave and full wave rectifier....i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberNov 21, 2013

rajtheking46
    .i am asking about phase controlled rectifiers which involves thyristors and diodes for rectification and where we can control the output dc voltage by varying the firing angle given to the thyristor........
    I have used a large number of such phase angle controlled power supplies for low voltage high amperage (up to 10000A) electrochemical processes. The fractured wave forms do not matter in these processes and may even be better.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register