Difference between hacking and ethical hacking?

What is hacking?is hacking different from ethical hacking.If so what is the difference?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ethical hacking is a legally accepted and taught form of using the principles of hacking to help others out

Search the forum here there is a post about Hacking in detail

But why this need all of a sudden pal
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Hacking is breaking through a system, whether it be a security loophole, trojan or SE.

Hacking with permission is called ethical hacking. Eg. You developed some system and you want to check how secure it is. You just hire a hacker and allow him to break and tell you his findings so you can fix those problem making your system more secure.

Hacking is hacking. Its same! Its in your hands whether you want to do it ethically and become whitehat or choose to do it illegally and become blackhat.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The 'hacking' everyone's referring to is actually called 'cracking' - which is basically breaking into the systems you're not authorised to. Cracking is clearly 'illegal' but the term itself isn't very popular and often used in place of hacking.

The term hacking is basically tweaking of your systems or networks to make them use to your needs. If you setup your computer to dual-boot; it's simple form of hacking.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The_Big_K
    The 'hacking' everyone's referring to is actually called 'cracking' - which is basically breaking into the systems you're not authorised to. Cracking is clearly 'illegal' but the term itself isn't very popular and often used in place of hacking.

The term hacking is basically tweaking of your systems or networks to make them use to your needs. If you setup your computer to dual-boot; it's simple form of hacking.
    Indeed its like that.

Hacking is not limited to computers. You can even hack electronics. For eg. If you happen to make a walkie talkie out of an fm radio, its the hack i.e. You just transformed something which it was orignally not meant for.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

4WS(four wheel steering system) we have selected this topic for our final year project . your suggestion are appreciated related to this topic thanks
1. Is single tank capacity a linear system, if yes justify?
I have read about it. but i'm not so clear about it. Also i need to know the working of both. thank you!!!
When i ask this question to many they tell me the mathematical equation only. i need the exact explanation for it. How will it get produced or absorbed? which elements...
I bet you've seen the video and the new dancing style - which is basically a horse riding style dance. The video and the dance is going viral on the...