Difference between Generalization and Inheritance

I have a subject called "Object Oriented Methodologies".
In this, I frequently come across these two terms: Generalization and Inheritance.

But, the difference between the 2 is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Can anybody solve this query?
Please provide an example for the same.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    If you talk about furit and mango.You can say that fruit is a generalized class of mango.
    Where all the mango properties defined a fruit.
    But if you talk about mosambi and orange it would be an example of inheritance.Where some properties are extended you may extend the whole properties also.
    ya fruit and mango is also an example of inheritance.
    So you can say that every generalization example is an example of inheritance but reverse is not true.
    Correct me if i am wrong..!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="] [/FONT] [FONT="]Ready for a job that lets you innovate and build cool new applications? Desire to win an ipad? [/FONT] [FONT="][/FONT] [FONT="] We are looking for research engineers who...
u all guys r genious........................ thanks 4 such a nice platform.................................................
For some time now, Google Sky (See here: Google Sky) has enabled users to view a wide range of imagery from high-level sources like the Hubble Telescope, NASA satellites, and...
Facebook has been slammed for keeping photos deleted by users for as long as 30 months. It has admitted it had been keeping deleted photos for a 'limited' amount of...
They smashed through the last stretch of rock Friday to create the world's longest tunnel. This project that has been 60 years in the making. A gigantic drilling machine broke...