Difference between Fourier transform and DTFT

DTFT is Discrete time Fourier transform

In DTFT and Fourier transform we convert a signal from time domain into frequency domain

DO note they may look similar with their names and stuff But they are not the same

This is because Fourier transform can be applied only to a signal which has a well defined period (i.e) It must have a periodicity which is not equal to infinity

Whereas in DTFT we can use it convert any signal whether it is periodic or aperiodic into sine and cosine series

PS: Started a new thread as it is no way related to DSP but must be known to all friends here in CE

Replies

• Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    But Whats your Question dear?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ahsanul haque
    But Whats your Question dear?
    I Never said This is a question This is one reason by which DTFT and FT differs Hope I am clear

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well most of us are fascinated by music specially the hard core beats from a professional Drummer can't be forgotten by any of us Well I recently found that Drum...
I have to submit project in this semester. so i'm interested to submit MicroControl/ Power/ Electronics Related Project Please give me some project related idea. this project must be Cheaper...
I have installed tt-rss & I couldn't find the way to add feeds. I simply edited tt-rss's feeds & changed with CE, but I would like to add few more...
Samsung has initiated the first step towards a classy wrist- that of filing an application for a US trademark with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for it's wearable electronic...
hiiiiii friends.... i have 1 sum... as i got the answer 3 bt the actual answeris 8 . as the question follows..... q: the angles of a polygon are in...