Difference Between CV, Resume and Biodata

What is the actual difference between CV, Resume and Biodata? Are they just the different names for same thing?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think there's any difference. Just different names used for your profile printed on sheets of paper. But I'm thinking 'biodata' should actually refer to some genetic information and DNA structure 😕 . I can already see a future where the potential recruiters would ask you for your gene encoding to decide whether to offer the job to you or not.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE. We moved your question to an appropriate section.

It is easy to get confused between the three as there is not clear distinction made between them all.

From what I have heard and read, following is the difference -

Resume is a French word meaning "summary".
    A resume is ideally a summary of one's education, skills and employment when applying for a new job. A resume does not list out all details of a profile, but only some specific skills customized to the target job profile. It thus, is usually 1 or at the max 2 pages long.

Curriculum Vitae is a Latin word meaning "course of life".
    It is more detailed than a resume, generally 2 to 3 pages, or even longer as per the requirement. A C.V. lists out every skill, all the jobs and positions held, degrees, professional affiliations the applicant has acquired, and in chronological order. A C.V. is used to highlight the general talent of the candidate rather than specific skills for a specific position.

In a bio data, the focus is on personal particulars like date of birth, gender, religion, race, nationality, residence, marital status, and the like.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For those of you who still think that the term Xerox is synonymous with photocopy, this will come as an enlightenment. Xerox corporation has developed a number of products, services...
Hello CEs, why don't we open a dedicated thread/forum topic for all aspiring guitarists out there? Few popular licks or chord structures of popular Hindi/English songs can be posted there,...
Can somebody help me in finding the solution of this question??? what is the coefficient of the term next to 792x^9 y^3 a. 2376 b.2640 c.1782 d.2718 thanks!!
It has been a year since I saw in NatGEo the construction of the Marina Bay Sands Building. I guess it is one of the most beautiful building not only...
This video shows three examples of Ceres Solver fusing Street View sensor data to produce accurate absolute position. The blue line is the absolute position of the car across time....