Difference Between CFL & Tube Light

2. where do a CFL bulb and a tubelight differs? is it in architecture or working principal or something else??
thanks

Posting On Behalf Of CEan: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    IF you are talking about the Old tube lights, there is a difference in the operating principle.

What you generally observe is,

when you switch on your tube light, it flickers for few seconds to minutes to start. But in case of CFL you dont see this!

The principle used in tube lights is Electro Magnetic ballast. In CFL it is Electric ballast.
  • rohit bisht
    rohit bisht
    ok. what abt comparison of their architecture??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Official News from Google Blog: Today is the first page in a new chapter of our mission to improve access to the cultural and educational treasures we know as books....
Marge is a robot developed by UK Scientists that can read and learn in the real world. Her creators namely Ingmar Posner and Paul Newman at the University of Oxford,...
Recently I watched a good documentary by the British Discovery Channel about the beginnings of computer games. It covers the early 70s with the rise of Atari right up to...
I had this idiot question somewhere in the back of my mind. I think those two are somewhat different words. The Urban Dictionary defines a Geek as: The people you...
Those who are looking for mechanical engineering project ideas, here's one more you can try to build: A Hovercraft. Wikipedia Link: Hovercraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A hovercraft is...