Difference between BCC and SC

Hello, while studying crystalline solid structure one thing i don't understand. What does the "basis" means. Lattice seems clear but the basis comes along with problem. The problem arise in this case :

CsCl structure is not BCC (Body Centered Cubic). It is SC (Simple Cubic) with two basis.

That what says in the book.

My question is, if i consider CsCl is not BCC and it can be represented by SC with two basis (CS+ and Cl-) then why can't we imagine or consider original BCC structure as a combination of SC with two basis (two Fe atoms). But it is clearly declared that BCC is an unique Bravis lattice.

Can anyone clear me out?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[video=youtube;5SQ_Hwyo5Y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQ_Hwyo5Y0[/video]
Hello. Maybe it's a very different post, but i don't know where to put it 😀 I'm a java developer from spain. I'm thinking about go to London one year...
Hi guys, I'm a first year ee student, so I havent even begun to touch the surface of any hard, complicated problems. I'm just wondering if anyone on here could...
Hello I am doing some work with the LMS, NLMS and RLS adaptive algorithms in the applications of ultrasonic NDT, at this stage; i am intending to do experiments to...