Difference Between Battery & Capacitor

CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BATTERY AND A CAPACITOR BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE SAME IN A CIRCUIT . CAPACITOR STORES THE CHARGE AND DISCHARGES SO AS THE BATTERY . SO WHAT IS THE UNIQUE FEATURE OF THE CAPACITOR COMPARED TO A BATTERY. PLS REPLY SOON...

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Capacitors dont store charge at all. It only allows -ve charge to transfer from one plate to another, by establishing electric field between them. What capacitor stores is "energy" & not "charge".
    Battery stores charge chemically ...
    Capacitor stores charge when external voltage is applied, Battery dont need external voltage to store charge.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Capacitor are used to store large amount of energy and then release it in very short duration.
    for example in camera flash if capacitor is not used and flash directly connected to battery can't produce necessary light.
    If you have seen motor (specially 3phase motor) there is special starter for it. electricity is capable of sustaining to run the motor but not to start it , that's why capacitor -starter used to produce relatively high starting torque.
  • rajk. sharma
    rajk. sharma
    1.battery based on electrochemical reaction for current or voltage but on other hand capacitor based on two metallic plate separate by a small distance and insulator is placed between them.
    2.capacitor charge fastly as compare to battery.
    3.capacitor store charge more as compare to battery.
  • supradeep.v
    supradeep.v
    how did the heading change . i wrote it yesterday WHY CAPACITOR but now it is difference between capacitor and battery did it automatically change
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    supradeep.v
    how did the heading change . i wrote it yesterday WHY CAPACITOR but now it is difference between capacitor and battery did it automatically change
    Artificial Intelligence , buddy 😉
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    supradeep.v
    You know proper title brings more traffic and you got the best Solution. Admin and Mod Team doing this So you got your answer as early as possible. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI MY NAME IS KAMESH FROM HYDERABAD . IM PRESENTLY DOING MY BTECH 2ND YEAR IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING IN A JNTU AFFILIATED COLLEGE. IM HAPPY TO KNOW ABOUT...
Hey friends.. I am new to this site, and looking forward to meeting new people, learning new stuffs, and may be occasionally share something too.. 😀
Non Lubricated compressors are nothing new.. But different manufacturers use different techniques, and different materials.. I am right now working on a project with non-lubricating compressors.. Can you please help...
hey!! i need information about the people or companies which conduct workshops and events in colleges. Given below is the list of few events for which i need experts people...
please post pdf downlodable link for dynamics of machinery.