Difference between ATmega16 and Pic16F873A

My project is "Alive human being detection using mobile robot". micro-controller used for this project is pic16F873A. But inorder to move and control the motor i got coding in micro-controller ATmega16. So i decided to do my project with ATmega16. Is it possible to do with tat??
What is the difference between ATmega16 and PIC16F873A??
Pls tel it soon. its urgent

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Let's do research 😉

- Download data-sheets of ATmega16 & PIC16F873A.
    - Compare 'em & observe the difference & check which one is better for your project.

The selection of uC usually depends your use.Most hobbyists uses PIC 'cuz it's a lot easier.It is cold war between Atmel & Microchip.

Coming to your question,
    YES it is possible to do it with ATmega16.The selection of uC depends upon you.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If its a simple motor, why not just purchase a L293D and just pass simple bits to it for controlling the motor?

Your problem isn't convincing enough for switching the total microcontroller itself. Tomorrow you'll have some other problem which Pic could solve better, then what you gonna do? Cut half Pic, half Atmega and paste them with glue so that you get the advantage of both?

Instead of just copying the code, just try to understand how its working. Controlling the motor is very easy task and you can easily port the code of atmega to pic instead of using a different microcontroller.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You can any microcontroller in your project you just have different code for every microcontroller. You can easily convert your any controller code to other so Don't worry. Make sure what kind of feature you want in your project.
  • Jaisshri
    Jaisshri
    thank u. can i compile coding in pic using AVR studio or any other software available separately for it?? if any pls say which software is it ??. In my project i have to interface camera with controller
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jaisshri
    thank u. can i compile coding in pic using AVR studio or any other software available separately for it?? if any pls say which software is it ??. In my project i have to interface camera with controller
    For PIC you have to use MPLAB or MPLABX.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    DUMP ALL.

Use Arduino with ATMeg 328.

USB+ Power Production+3.3v + 5V support+ ADC+ Digital 14 dips with single pin access or as register mode, Simple C program.
    Use Arduino or be sure that you missed a great fun of your life.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Case Study on Ubuntu: Ubuntu surprised the world by unveiling Ubuntu for Phones. It has a ability to transform smartphones (even your existing Android) into a Desktop PC. What exactly...
Rectifiers are made of diodes. similarly amplifiers are made of transistors. so then what are oscillators made of ? can you guys tell me more about the construction of oscillators,...
Can any1 tell me whether this company is real or not??? and if it is please tell me whether i should go for it? https://www.dcsit.in/
I read an article on India Knowldge@Wharton, which I found interesting. I'm pasting an extracted part of the whole article here and would like to debate on the topic whether...
I am new to CE. I want to get information on the frame format of data which is send to the printer for printing purpose. I want to know about...