Diesel Price Hike : Is Diesel Really Sold At A Loss Of Rs. 10.80 / Liter?

Indian Government continues to surprise the citizens of India. Oil Minister, Moily has said that the Diesel prices will be hiked 40-50 paise every month until the oil companies make up for their losses. I'm shocked, saddened and feeling helpless.

The worst part - The government says that Diesel is sold at a loss of Rs. 10.80 per liter! I think India is the only country where people pay largest number of taxes. If I'm not mistaken, Indians pay over 66 different types of taxes and yet the Government, run by an 'expert economist' says that there's no way they can stop the inflation.

I totally get pissed off when the 'international oil prices' are blamed for controlling our economy. Haven't we found out a solution where the oil prices won't govern what and how we do things inside our country?

If I'm not mistaken, it takes only Rs. 4-5 to extract a liter of petrol or diesel. The amount at which it's sold is basically all the 'taxes' which goes into Government's pockets.

Is it just a game plan by the government to 'collect' money to fight the upcoming elections?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The government's step have made the people resent from voting.

Recent Elections in TN there was an option where a person can opt not to vote for any one who competed in the locality and also to fulfill their Franchise

If that continues in the future elections we will see a lot of us opting that over voting for a single party

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Thomas Frey, futurologist, predicts that two billion jobs may vanish by 2030 at the doors of advances in automation. All may not be doom and gloom. McKinsey & Companyreport that...
Hi CEans, I am Shabbir Hasan 😀 Wanted to become an astronomer ended up with B.tech (Electrical & Electronics, 2011) with lots of Robotics & AI Maniac, But still loving...
I'm trying to introduce a new ROLL based routing protocol for 6lowpan. And we're planning to use Cooja simulator for development, analysis and hardware integration using contiki OS. but since...
How to make 3 phase a.c. to d.c.(300-400 V) converter? please provide info in detail.
sir, i am vineeth, am an 2nd year student in civil engi. discipline here are the some of things i would like to know 1.an over view one GATE and...