Did You Opt For Non-IT Job?

There's a trend among Indian engineers to opt for an IT (Software) job, not matter to which engineering discipline you graduated in. Well, I admit that I too was one of them: thanks to the ongoing recession during my graduation time (2003) and we were left for no choices but to opt for a software engineering job.

However, yesterday, I met a cousin of mine who rejected Infosys job offer and stayed jobless for couple of months before landing up a job in Instrumentation & electronics - the subject he really loves. What's more interesting is that Infosys offered him better salary but he didn't go for it!

Do we have more such examples?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thankfully in our time there was no IT.

Bioramani
  • DheerajR
    DheerajR
    i am computer science engg i also dont it company because of my interest in field of marketing and here i am now online marketing manager of a travel company..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    My bro had an offer from Accenture.. He didn't accept it. He has now got an offer from Rane India, a core mechanical company.. And as is usual, the salary offered by Accenture was better. Still, he's interested in his own discipline!!
  • jhnmichle
    jhnmichle
    a man should do what he likes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's leading mobile service network operators, Idea Cellular and Spice Telecom have been fined with Rs. 27.65 crore for delay in launch of services in 5 circles. Read detailed news...
I want to design a digital signal processing chip with wireless data transmission transmission/communications, is there a program that i can use to design this chip? or is there a...
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in an interview with Times now Editor Arnab Goswami conrfirmed that he's being offered large sums of money by Indians to keep the names of swiss...
Indian News channels have became cheap entertainment channels and show any kind of news that can only appeal to the below 10 IQ people. This calls for a poll on...
Teacherji.in is a Bangaluru based startup with a list of coaching classes and training institutes in India. You can sign up as a regular user or a coaching class tutor...