Dialup & Broadband connection

Can anyone tell me the difference between Broadband and dial-up connection.....?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    if you remember good old days , you were able to connect to internet only through you telephone line right? in sense, wither your telephone or your DSL connection.But when you say broad band, the under lying technology allows you to connect to internet without any disruption to your telephony line.
    The reason for the above hebahiour is that while in POTS both TEL and Internet connections run on same frequency hence , only one could be operated at a given point of time while in BB, the internet access is in much higher speeds than in you dail up connection, thua allowing you to upload or download heavy data rates at any given point of time irresptective of whether you are using your telephone or not.
    Various types of BB connections can be addressed as XDSL, ie
    DSL,
    ADSL
    VDSL
    ADSL2+ and so on.
    For your dial up internet over POTS, the data rate is in order of kbps something like 64kbps, all it needs is a modem at the customer premises directly conencting to the telephony exhange. This line doesnot carry much data capacity.
    But for the BB connections, we have special switches called as DSLAMs ( Digital Subsriber Line Access Multiplexers) which enable E1, to E3 uplinks connections thus providing more data transfer capability,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh man, good old days indeed! I remember waiting for ages for a 400 MB file to download over a 28.8k connection!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When you are angry or deeply hurt, you may blow small problems out of proportion. Just as love sometimes clouds our objectivity, hurt and anger have a similar effect too....
Get latest information about Global Outsource events, Market Research events, Pharmaceutical events, Healthcare events, Clinical Research events, doctor’s events, bio-pharma events, software service events and business research events at
why harmonic is produced in the motor???
Check out this site about Mercedes Benz... The power of Adobe Flash at its zenith... An awesome work by the people who designed this link.. Do take a look at...
Below is a video tutorial on how to make a gear in AutoCAD and animate it. All the commands used are visible. This is my first attempt in making a...