DHCP Log File

Hey!
I have been given a task to parse the DHCP log file. My seniors have told me to construct a lexical parser using regex coach. I have done some reading about parsing and DHCP log files and also automata theory. But still I am not getting the real idea of parsing a log file. Do I have to make a seperate regular expression for every line of the log file. If so, then how can i construct a regular expression? 😔 I just need guidelines. Kindly help me! Will be grateful!

Replies

• cursed
    cursed
    One more thing, I think I have to create a lexical parser for a DHCP log file. How can I work on that? I mean what should I consider and study in making a lexical parser. if anyone can give me an example of lexical parser, that will be really helpful!
  • cursed
    cursed
    My task was reduced to making regular expressions for the log file. That I know. So thanks anyway!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CE, I am trying to access my home computer that is part of a private network (because it has an IP address with 192.168.xx.xx.) form another computer in the...
hi. i am doing my final year now and i need to do a project for final year. i am searching for a project topic. please help me out. can...
Techniche, IIT Guwahati Ethical Hacking Workshop Are you a Hacking freak? Then get ready, Techniche, IIT Guwahati could be at your College Campus! This Year Techniche is organizing workshops in...
For those who want to read what went on in Part 1 of this thread, please have a look here ​ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ​ After a lot of discussion, we have...
what is an abis interface?? what is HIRS protocol and what are its characteristics?