Device to store power in Megawatts?

is there any device avilable to store power in mega watts ???

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Yeah, clouds ๐Ÿ˜

By the way, its not power that is stored, but energy. And i read, the world's largest capacitor bank can store 50 megajules of energy. That means, it can provide 50 MW for one second, 25 MW for two seconds and so on.
  • hsirah5
    hsirah5
    In addition to the above reply, there are limitations in storage of electrical energy. You cannot store very large quantity of electrical energy. That's the reason why the electrical transmission, distribution and load determination plays a very crucial role... If it becomes feasible to store very large quantities of electrical energies (with lesser losses & cost) then it would be a great boon in power distribution and load management..๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    No actual electrical power can be stored by devices present today

A large capacitor can store but the losses will also be in mega scale
  • navi shiv
    navi shiv
    capacitor store charges....... in wat form ??? as we knw inductor stores charges in kinetic form ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Capacitor stores it as potential energy

PS kindly refer some books before posting these are real basics
  • naveee
    naveee
    ya very simple basics ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to make a robot that sens any other robot near itself nd kick it of 2m away
We're just few minutes away from Apple's launch event and it seems that Apple is all set to announce the next line of Mac minis at the event along with...
can someone please help me how to carry out a project in a company? whom should i contact,what project should i do? please help me out
I am sure you all have heard about Quora. The site was launched more than a year ago and has quite a big fan following now a days. They have...
And before you Apple fans outrage at this... Like Anand Ramachandran, one of India's finest satirists once said - "Dear Apple fans, we're not making fun of Apple - we're...