Developing CrazyEngineers Newbie Guide !

Its been on my mind since ages. How about developing a comprehensive newbie guide? I'd like to know if anyone wants to volunteer for this? If we get more response for this, we might setup a team that works on developing a newbie guide. πŸ˜€

Interested CEans please reply to this thread !

-The Big K-

Replies

• Jerry
    Jerry
    Count Me In

Count me in 😁
    Nice idea indeed. I was totally lost when I joined. I think it is not a one person job. I'll need someone to work with me.

What sections do you think we will have in the newbie guide? Tell me more.

Hey anyone wants to work with me ?

Jerry.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Jerry
    Count me in 😁
    Nice idea indeed. I was totally lost when I joined. I think it is not a one person job. I'll need someone to work with me.

What sections do you think we will have in the newbie guide? Tell me more.

Hey anyone wants to work with me ?

Jerry.

I will try to help others on this thread ....but not sure of taking the responsibility...πŸ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks jerry & crazyboy ! πŸ˜€ It's not a very difficult task. How about having different sections for different functions on CrazyEngineers forum?

For example,
    1. General Rules on CE forums.
    2. About posting & replying to threads, starting new threads.
    3. About the Calendar feature
    4. Forum specific FAQ etc.

Let me know if you have more (better) ideas πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    version 1.0 ready

hey guys,

I'm ready with version 1.0 of CE Newbie Guide 😁 . I need some more time before I submit it to you.

it would be nice if crazyboy or anyone else reviews it. 😁

thanks.
  • Farhan
    Farhan
    Count me in the GANG ....

Guys i volunteer for this noble cause... that will make this world a better place to live in.. n not to forget... will make newbies more comfortable with this site..

Cheers !!
  • rick
    rick
    I will do the reveiw. Do send me a copy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks Crazyboy, Jerry, Rick, Farhan 😁.

I'll do the initial review and send it across to you asap. I'm waiting for Jerry to send me the draft.

Hey Jerry, I'm waiting πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    where's my copy ? :sleepy:

Jerry, howz ya buddy?
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Jerry, howz ya buddy?
    I'm doing fantastic 😎 . how are you rick ?

Guys! excuse me for the delay. Actually, I deleted the whole stuff and started again. πŸ˜›

so you gotta give me some time till I finish the version 1.0.

Jerry
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Jerry
    I'm doing fantastic 😎 . how are you rick ?

Guys! excuse me for the delay. Actually, I deleted the whole stuff and started again. πŸ˜›

so you gotta give me some time till I finish the version 1.0.

Jerry
    Jerry
    it will be nice of you if you will send me a copy in CC
    Will like to see that...
    Cheers😁😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks Jerry!

Guys!

I've received the draft of Crazy Engineers' Newbie Guide from Jerry. I'll work on it and pass on the reviewed copy to CEans who have volunteered to review the guide.

Thanks a Ton ! Jerry ! 😁

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Guys!

..... and pass on the reviewed copy to CEans who have volunteered to review the guide......

-The Big K-

will wait for that😁😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure!

Update!

I'm working on the draft of CE Newbie Guide that I received from Jerry. I'll send it out for review.

Any other reviewers along with CrazyBoy?

-The Big K-
  • sttepz
    sttepz
    me

i volunteer 4 dat
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    check out your PMs guys.

the newbie guide is open for review & being circulated among the reviewers. We need more reviewers! πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    check out your PMs guys.

the newbie guide is open for review & being circulated among the reviewers. We need more reviewers! πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
    Thanks big "K"
    😁

--Cheers
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Waiting for review comments!

Cummon guyz ! Anyone else ? πŸ˜€

I need at least 4 reviews before I release the Newbie Guide version 1.1 πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Newbie Guide Version 1.1

CE Newbie Guide is now open for public review. This guide will finally appear on the CE portal.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ​
    ..::Crazy Engineers Newbie Guide::..
    ​
    Version 1.1
    ​

Welcome

Welcome to the CrazyEngineers forum! CrazyEngineers (abbreviated as β€˜CE’) provides a place to engineers from all over the world a common place for discussions, knowledge sharing & yes, having fun! 😁

Registration

We are glad that you have chosen to be a part of our community. If you have not registered yet, click Register & fill out a simple form. Since the username cannot be changed, think of some innovative username. Please note that only registered users can post on the forums.

Let us spend some time reading the rest of this newbie guide before embarking on a life long journey along with other CEans.

Forum Trotting

Now that you have joined, its time to update your profile.

To do this-
    1. Login & click on β€˜User CP’ (that is User Control Panel) link on the navigation bar on the top.
    2. Once you are in the User CP, browser through various sections of your CP such as β€˜Edit Signature’, β€˜Edit Profile’, β€˜Edit Options’. Update relevant fields. Do not forget to update your birthday field, interests & location. πŸ˜€
    3. Done! πŸ˜€

Okay! Everything Done! What Now?

1. Its time to introduce yourself! Let others know about yourself. Don't miss this opportunity to shout about your achievements. Blow your own trumpet, we don't mind!
    2. Please do not post your introductions as vague as "I'm new to the forum. Hope to find new friends here". Take out some time, and write a nice introduction!
    3. Browse through different sections and explore the world of crazy engineers!

Buttons in Brief!

You will be clicking on following buttons regularly- 😁
    1. 'New Thread': You can start a new discussion thread in any section of the forum. Please be high on common sense while using this button. There is no point in starting a thread for "Hello Everyone!". Such threads will be locked.

2. 'Post Reply': Click on this button if you want to reply to a thread. Your reply will appear at the end of the thread.

3. 'Quote': When you want to quote text from any post, click on this button. The quoted text will appear in a box in your post. Now, don't quote just for the sake of making your post look big.

4. 'CrazyEngineers Logo' (active on forum only): It’s not a button, but clicking on it will take you to the forum homepage.

CE Common Sense

CCS#1. Before starting a new thread, have a look at existing threads. You can use the search facility. Please use a title (subject) that describes your thread appropriately. Avoid using special characters to draw attention.

CCS#2. Be nice to everyone. Refrain from making sarcastic comments, posts. Also avoid using anything objectionable in your signature & avatar. Such signatures/avatars will be deleted immediately.

CCS#3. Go Easy on CAPS 😁. It serves no purpose. The language of the forums is 'English'. Avoid using other languages to make posts or replies.

CCS#4. A strict NO for illegal activities, harassment of any kind.

CCS#5. Use PM (Private Messaging) facility if and only if necessary. No spamming on PMs. Any complaints should be reported to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot ] com

CCS#6. Advertising of any kind, is a sure shot way of getting banned.

CCS#7. Use the font color/size which makes your post readable.

CCS#8. Try to avoid ctrl+c & ctrl+v. If you do, please mention the source from where you copied the contents.

CCS#9. Please note that this is *our* forum. Let us keep it clean & make it more useful.

CCS#10. Violation of above rules may lead to temporary/permanent banning from CE forums.

Added on 22nd March, 2006.

CCS#11. Do not enter invalid/unused email address while registering. We won't flood your mailbox with unwanted mails. Only important announcements will be delivered to your mailbox.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to Jerry, Sttepz, Rick & Crazyboy. πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    I see a lot of changes dude. Great Job !😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rick
    I see a lot of changes dude. Great Job !😁

Finally......
    Great job Biggi.........😁😁

--Crazy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans ! πŸ˜€ I think its time to introduce 'CE-Finance' section. But before we implement this section I'd like to gather some feedback from you folks! 😁 Q.-> What's...
Okay, Let me see if its really that easy πŸ˜‰ . I thought of a simple way of preventing Aircraft Hijack! 1. Cockpit should be isolated from rest of the...
hi people I am currently working on a research, and I am using 8757A scalar Netwrok Analyzer, I was wondering if anyone has been dealing with this device ?!? I...
well iv been into import cars for about 5 and a half yrs now, i just love working on them and autocrossing, circuit racing, ect
I'll start a new thread now. Biggie, you better control the spammers πŸ˜€ Okay, this thread is dedicated to the things that I truely hate. I will list the things...