DETECTION OF FOREIGN OBJECT DEBRIS USING UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE

Project Abstract / Summary : Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are used by military, government organizations, researchers and industries for mapping, search and rescue, patrol, surveillance etc. This paper deals with the implementation of UAV in the airport’s runway and it’s premises to detect the Foreign Object Debris (FOD). The UAV and the sensors used in it are powered by both battery and solar energy. A wing is also fitted on the UAV in order to reduce the power consumption. The Electro-Optic sensor used detects the FOD and transmit the data to the ATC in real time. This paper also compares the currently used iFerret system with the UAV and it also focuses on the reduction of direct and indirect maintenance cost of the Aerospace industry.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : UAV's are almost used everywhere but it's usage is not still implemented in Airports. Moreover the currently used system can't detect the FODs which are present in other premises in the airport except the runway. So, this made me to work in this project.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Hindusthan college of Engineering and Technology
City: Coimbatore
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Dchavan
    Dchavan
    GokulAero
    Project Abstract / Summary : Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are used by military, government organizations, researchers and industries for mapping, search and rescue, patrol, surveillance etc. This paper deals with the implementation of UAV in the airport’s runway and it’s premises to detect the Foreign Object Debris (FOD). The UAV and the sensors used in it are powered by both battery and solar energy. A wing is also fitted on the UAV in order to reduce the power consumption. The Electro-Optic sensor used detects the FOD and transmit the data to the ATC in real time. This paper also compares the currently used iFerret system with the UAV and it also focuses on the reduction of direct and indirect maintenance cost of the Aerospace industry.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : UAV's are almost used everywhere but it's usage is not still implemented in Airports. Moreover the currently used system can't detect the FODs which are present in other premises in the airport except the runway. So, this made me to work in this project.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Institute/College Name: Hindusthan college of Engineering and Technology
    City: Coimbatore
    State: Tamil Nadu
    Participating Team From: Third Year
    Hi I'm a aeronautical student.. I need to know more about the topic for my technical seminar do u have a ppt for it.. If so can u send me

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : 1. Software-Defined Networking(SDN): is an approach to computer networking that allows network administrators to manage network services through abstraction of lower-level functionality. This is done...
Project Abstract / Summary : The objective of our project is to provide assistance in registration,investigation,and prosecution of crimes that occur in train.In our project passengers inside the train compartment...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT Intelligent Energy Saving System can be used in places like where lighting is very important.The libraries will be well illuminated with many lamps.When people...
Project Abstract / Summary : PLC based Automation in Apartments for Safety. Abstract: The various sensors essential for smart monitoring and control of various electric appliances in real time using...
Project Abstract / Summary : We are designing a system which will automatically shift the vehicles to appropriate lane as per the weight class. Over speed detection is carried out....