Destroying the Destroyer - Dismantling the 9 megaton Nuclear Bomb

It takes quite a bit of focussed engineering even to take apart safely a nuclear bomb.

Here is the story of how engineers at Sandia National Laboratories did that with the 9 megaton B53, the deadliest weapon around.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Dismantle the cover and cover it with a new one. So name it with a New Name. That would have been a easy way to build a new nuclear weapon. There's no use of building it. When no one will actually use it, then why should they build it. Waste of Money and Time. It's better to US to think something productive and end the arm race.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need the information of paper presentation TOPICS for VLSI , embedded systems ... please inform me what is the way of getting quality information. thanks & regards, praVn.
what is the significance of DC,AC,Absolute maximum parameter of Datasheet of D flip flop ? why I should bother about those parameters ?
Apple Inc is going to hold a product event on March 7 in San Francisco, where it may launch iPad 3. "We have something you really have to see. And...
I thought that I had seen (Some say been) many crazy things. But this snoring humming bird takes the cake playing a zany lullaby!
Microsoft declared the Windows 8 Consumer Preview today at an event in Barcelona. And now you can download it and test it on your machines. Before going for the download,...