Designing a supply for USB y cable

Guys, spare me some ideas on how i can design a converter from a normal household ac supply to usb y cable....
also on designing,is it ok if i dont connect those data cables of the usb....

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What is the USB y cables Voltage rating and What is your application Put some light Here I think I can help you out with your design
  • Alienator
    Alienator
    Conqueror
    What is the USB y cables Voltage rating and What is your application Put some light Here I think I can help you out with your design
    let me be specific...... i want to power up my speakers(laptop speaker having a usb cable connected to the laptop and an audio jack).Since usb cable is given ,whenever i want to use the speakers i need to connect it to my laptop for the supply...so i need to eliminate that and find an alternate mode of supply....
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That would be 5 V use a step down transformer to provide you 6 V and use suitable series resistor to drop the extra 1V there you got your supply ready

Now coupling your supply to the USB pin needs diligence. This can be done by properly coupling the Transformer op to the USB head I am not sure about this step. But it is feasible
  • Alienator
    Alienator
    By the way,the data cables need not be connected right?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Alienator
    By the way,the data cables need not be connected right?
    A little precise point I am blanked out here friend

The data line in the USB head of the speaker has to be extended out using an external cable soldered to the data line. Need some more I think one of us is missing some thing here
  • Alienator
    Alienator
    Conqueror
    A little precise point I am blanked out here friend

The data line in the USB head of the speaker has to be extended out using an external cable soldered to the data line. Need some more I think one of us is missing some thing here
    i didnt get this "extended out using an external cable soldered to the data line".
    If i'm gonna connect this speaker to my mobile phone,then can i control the audio of the speaker from my mobile??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah sure you can. Use proper jack and you can very well control volume from the mobile I thought of a different design so you can omit it completely here
  • Alienator
    Alienator
    thanks...
    by the way,all usb cables can be powered up by using 5v??(omitting the tolerance)
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah they can be powered by 5 V no difference If you want clarification do refer online

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Excel 2013, the annual national level techno-managerial symposium of Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi is proud to announce the launch of its first event - Innovations for a Better Tomorrow...
The PlayStation 4 event will start at 'odd' hours, starting at 4:30 AM on 21 February in India. So only the die-hard PS4 fanatics will be 'up' at that time...
NFC technology is finding ways in our daily lives rapidly. The near filed communication technology will now be used for metro rail tickets at Hyderabad. The ticket readers will be...
CEans, I'm happy to announce that CrazyEngineers has partnered with the biggest science & engineering festival in the USA - USASEF 2014. CrazyEngineers has become a 'Krypton' level partner with...
Hello , Guys i'm doing MCA in PUNE . We want to introduce a new event in our college, our sir told us to introduce new event but he told...