Design Solution for uploading files with large size

Hi CEans,
I am working on a problem in which I want to upload large amount of data to Oracle Database.
I want to upload 10 files, each of say 5 Mb size from one Screen.I came across Some Jquery Plugins which saves file in Database by using AJAX approach in which each file will go into Db via AJAX.This could be a approach but the plugin is difficult to customize .

I guess it won't be possible to do it in a single Post as the Browser may stop responding.
Also there is a possibility of App Server getting Timed out in this Case.
I also want to download the file if I need it later on
Any one implemented/Design similar requirement.

Any suggestions /pointers for the same? I intend to use Struts1.3 and Hibernate Frameworks for the above problem.Any drawbacks/advantages over normal HttpServlet approach?

Regards,
Ankur Luthra

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am a student from IIT Kharaghpur. I am from Electrical Engineering Department. I like to know new things and concepts and also want to be up to date...
Name:jaydeep vasava Engineering Trade:electronics - machanical Location: amdavad ,gujarat,india Occupation😲bviously student!!!!😛 Work Experience: not at all!!!😁 😲 Hobbies & Interests: so u think i choose engineering for timepass!!!😛 obviously engineering...
hi, My name is ranjit. I done my diploma in computer engineering. I am staying in Pune.
here is some pictures of new Chrome OS There are still saparate machines come for chrome OS. Just curious if anyone has used it, can I install it on my...
A massive Earthquake of magnitude 8.7 has struck Indonesia. The Earthquake is so massive that Tsunami warning has been issued all over the Indian ocean. The tremors were felt in...