DESIGN OF CANSAT AND STUDY OF ATMOSPHERIC PARAMETERS

Project Abstract / Summary : OBJECTIVE OF OUR PROJECT
The main objective
of this project is to establish an ongoing satellite design program by demonstrating that small, inexpensive satellites can be built, tested, and launched in the span of a year. A major obstacle in designing student-built satellite missions is that aerospace engineers’ lack of experience with digital packet communications systems, which hinders their ability to implement a reliable, inexpensive data telemetry system for control and data relay communications. In order to allow for future students to easily improve on the CanSat design, a main priority of this project is to develop and document a small, inexpensive satellite data telemetry system that future groups can incorporate in improved satellite designs. A secondary objective, following the establishment of a functional telemetry system, is to outfit the satellite with robust command and control capabilities that will transmit to the Earth analog and digital measurements made on the satellite. Data which are transmit can be pollution rate detection , pressure ,temperature etc.

Task for fabrication can sat involves-

· Material procurement
· Electronics pcb assembly
· Telemetry
· Pc interface
· Plotting and testing
· Parachute design-1 ,fabrication and testing
· Parachute design-2 ,fabrication and testing
· Satellite Release mechanism
· Testing
· Software design
· Software coding
· Testing
· Data analysis.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : TODAY PRESENT AERONAUTICAL WORLD IS ALL ABOUT SATELLITE AND ITS EVOLUTION , AS PART OF PROJECT FOR FINAL YEAR WE THOUGH TO BRING SOME CHANGE IN AND PLUS WE THOUGH OF INTEGRAL OUR THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE COMBINE TO GET A PRACTICAL OUTPUT AND INTEGRAL OF NOT ONLY ONE BRANCH BUT ALSO INVOLVES MULTIDISCIPLINARY CORE BRANCH SUBJECT WHICH ARE ELECTRONIC , COMPUTER SCIENCE (CODING) AND AS WELL AS AERONAUTICAL (MECHANICAL PART).

APPLICATION AND FUTURE HOPE -
1 Research in Avionics, Space environment experiment payloads like studying the effects of Space radiations, cosmic rays, Ultraviolet rays, X-rays of the Sun.

2 Micro gravity research, Micro gravity effect on Amoeba, Microbes, Rats, water etc which benefits from weightlessness on rockets launched to altitudes of a few hundred kilometers.

3 Space Advertisements like launching company logo / Hording in space, real space Photography.
3.1 Remote sensing & Reconnaissance –
3.1.1 At 300 Meter a vehicle can see a ground area of nearly 2550 km (1600 mile) diameter.
3.1.2 Low earth orbit observation satellites typically pass over a particular area only once or twice per day. The sub orbital vehicle can fly at any time.
3.1.3 Suborbital can see a much bigger area than what is seen by airplanes or by high altitude Balloon.

4 Scientific and Technical applications –
4.1 Astronomical & Space Science observation experiments.
4.2 Magnetosphere Experiments
4.3 Atmospheric Experiments
4.4 Earth sensing experimentation experiments

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: MANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING
City: MANGALORE
State: KARNATAKA
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

• PARADEEP
    PARADEEP
    Hi bro , I was quite impressed with your project. I would like to know more of it . Can you pls help me out by forwarding soft copy of your project to #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An YouTube Uploader who goes by the name 'Amazing Science 君' has created this simply DIY project. It's being called the world's simplest electric train. Using a magnet, a dry...
Hello CE Members, I am Abrar and this is my first post on CE. I am a 2012 passout BE (ECE). Seeking for an advice on Career change on to...
Xiaomi Mi3 owners may want to head over to the settings section of their phone to update the firmware. Xiaomi has started rolling out the brand new MIUI 6 update...
Looks like LinkedIn is down in India. I'm constantly getting error 503 Service Unavailable message. Not sure if it's just me - because proxy websites have been showing different results....
Quote: Learning how to take great pictures could take a lifetime. After all, photography is an art form and like all art forms, it takes time, patience and practice to...