design and construction of a kerosine operated chicken egg incubator

i am proposing this project and i believe it will be a great break through in poultry production. as a matter of urgency i need guildaince and how to achieve this as this will real slash down the suffering of poultry farmers in the rural settlement of Nigeria and the world at large.
i look forward to ideas and contributions on how to achieve this INCUBATOR

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, you have to begin by telling us how is the general operating of a egg incubator.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    I would think no mater what fuel you use that it must have a medium that is controllable. ie. a fire heats water which is piped to the incubator. or a fuel is gasified and burned in a tube as radiant heat. Can the chicken dung be used as a fuel? As a child we used a light bulb to hatch eggs. how about kerosene lamps that it's flue gas goes up a sheet metal wall to radiate heat and a spring bi metal damper allowing fresh air in to control the temperature.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Kiddo Are you out there? Talk to me. I design things like this for a living. It's fun and easy. Not rocket science.
    Sincerely,
    D F Ross
  • Chinenyezeh
    Chinenyezeh
    @ DON Ros am glad you understand this concept, my aim is to use kerosene lamp to generate heat.... amazingly i need guild - lines and constructive ideals to make this work. if anyone has any literature and diagrams for this purpose please share with me.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    I could design that in my sleep. So what do you want to do. Let's build it. I am so glad I can build something to help your people. I need to understand the variables your facing in the field first. Have you searched Google and YouTube yet?
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Image off of Google
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    It looks to me that it may need a temperature control type damper. But that can be added very easily. Go for it,,,, build it. lol Good luck.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Try building it out of card board and tape first. I would think the important thing is to make the amount of fuel be as little as possible. An efficient lamp is the key.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Can you help me, A request was made by Lilleeng he asked "
    Hi!
    Im a pretty young guy, having an idea of making pellets out of hen excrement. My family runs an egg-production system, and we have a problem with storing and disposing the bi-product. I've been searching around the web for ideas and inspiration to modernize our farm for an upcoming investment, only to find out this might be the place for such project.

So I am with this, looking for knowledge and experience in the subject, or just ideas!

I don't really know exactly what i want with this, but lets try."

I posted this: "If it is burnable. dry it out until you get the moisture level so you can press it through something like a spaghetti auger or meat auger to form it into long strands. Then cut it, and complete drying it out to a moisture content that is burnable. Then try burning it in a pellet wood burning stove. If that works then work on modifying the production aspect. Good luck"

So,
    Can you prove this out for me please. Thanks
    Don Ross
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Chinenyezeh
    Chinenyezeh
    #-Link-Snipped-# i love this idea of palleting the poultry excrement, for the following reasons;
    1. it encourages organic farming
    2. it controls waste disposal
    3. it is a brand new business venture such that (the same way inorganic fertilizers are sold in a well packaged form) the pelleted excrement can be package and refined.
    please i will get back to you on this subject matter am interested in this work @ Don Ross
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Well good, go kick some butt, lol.
    I'm entrusting you with this worldly deed. lol
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    upload_2015-1-16_10-44-55 forum.backyardpoultry.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am fed up seeing the ads installed in my system. I see ads in browsers. The ad image has some text "Ad by XXXX". Every time I need to...
Inflation is a major cause to contribute to an economy's fall into a recession. Inflation occurs when there is a general rise in the prices of good and services over...
Have you ever gone through Traffic Police's website? Have you ever been caught breaking any of those traffic rules? Please go through the attachment which depicts certain situations which many...
Just little confusion in the logical equivalence of the 2 below logical expressions: 1. (p->r) AND(q->r)= (p OR q)->r 2. (p->r) OR (q->r)=(p AND q)->r In these expressions ,I am...
Notes archiving Service Company, Evernote has released ‘Scannable’, an app that as its name says, is capable of scanning your documents. The app is available for iOS users on iPhone...