Design a helmet challenge

Hi CEans , I had noticed that most people are not wearing helmet while driving and I see a lot of people just buy a low class or low priced helmet for the sake of escaping from traffic police. The matter that concern is that they just hang their helmet in the carriage or hooks available in a bike. Most people say that It is difficult to wear a helmet especially during the summer seasons as it cause more sweat and it is more uncomfortable to driving people. So here is a task for all CEans out there. List out some ideas or things that should be implemented in a helmet . We cannot put holes to increase air flow and comfort but drilling holes may cause decrease in strength of it. So we should design a helmet that should fit every purpose without compromising the strength and safety. Lets unite or hand to do our duty. Post your ideas ….waiting ……

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we'd first need the problems associated with the current design of helmet so that we can think about solving them.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Personally, I faced many issues while wearing a helmet in a traffic. Is'nt really required while peak traffic hours?. I drove my bike in 10km/hr (1or2 gear). And also the temperature is more than 99deg F. I feel my head was boiled like an egg.

Peoples behind you always thinks to overtake if there is a 1' or 2' gap in your left or right. They dont bother about you. I can't fully identify using my mirrors.
    I want these features in my helmets.
    • Airflow.
    • Rear view mirror.
    • 4855_20110574111
    • Anti Glar Visor.
    • Inbuilt bluetooth headset (attend only for important calls)
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    KSS manian
    • Inbuilt bluetooth headset (attend only for important calls)
    I don't understand your expecttion. I dont think we need a inbuilt bluetooth headset mounted on a helmet because If you have a call, slow down your vehicle on the road side and attend you call.I accept that it may be useful for the co passengers who were wearing the helmet but I dont think people who were travelling along with driver wear helmet .How to increase the airflow without weakening the helmet's strength?
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I don't understand your expecttion.
    I am talking about using helmet in traffic is very very bad.
    What i said is i need a button or something which is fitted in my helmet to attend the phone calls while in traffic. In traffic can you find the place to attend the call?
    Similar like a car. you can answer your call from a button mounted in steering.
    I knew that using mobile while driving is dangerous.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am not convinced yet but its your perception and interest so I can't make a advice/suggestion on it.I am also against that handsfree system in cars.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Only one thing I feel really needed to bate the heat and traffic in Summer in Chennai Roads,
    • Purely radiative material with no internal reflection
    • Visor to have Sun ban glasses (This could even block the glaring headlights from other vehicles)
    • Easily washable inner material That is the inner cotton or what ever lining must easy to remove and remount This is to maintain hygiene of the rider
    • Clasp in helmets need redesigning cos they can cause serious damage to riders in accident scenarios

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans , Here is a chance for us to unite to analyze the causes which may lead to accidents of the automobiles . We should list out the possible...
Hi CEans, I had planned to do my project in Brakes India and I want to know what can be my best project. Here are some details that may help...
Hi CEans, Today I am out here with with a review on the recently released Chennai Express game(android ) and I was redirected to this game when I was opting...
Hi CEans , Today I had come out with a exclusive review on the app “MY VODAFONE”. My Vodafone is a app completely dedicated for both prepaid and postpaid customers....
NEW IDEA FOR CRAZY ENGINEERS WEBSTIE Hello Engineers, I am a newbie to crazy engineers but i must say this website is superb,excellent and out of the world.As a student...