Desgining of Spring, Damper, & Brakes Disc of a Four Wheel Vehicle

Project Abstract / Summary : The designing of vehicle is done in various Research and Development Department before launching it on market. After getting an optimum safe value, from various iteration done the vehicle are designed.

I am going to perform here just the part of designing process of four wheeler vehicle. I am going to design a vehicle according to various elementary formula. While designing we are going to consider only quarter half of a four wheeler vehicle. Iteration is done on the basis of different frequency and motion ratio of vehicle. The most appropriate values will be considered. Calculation for Spring Constant, Damper is to be done. Various values that is needed are to be decided first like, weight of vehicle, type of vehicle, front is to rear weight ratio, front wheel drive or rear wheel drive, type of brake, etc.

We will take help of software’s like CATIA and ANSYS. After performing basic calculations, we can design them in Catia and further analysis them in Ansys.

I did choose it because
1. Automobile is best subject for me
2. My dream was always to be a part of research team.

If my project wins, people would come to know about it, and interest among them will grow leading to development in R & D. There is less no of R & D in India. Here Engineers work on the calculated values that is received from other countries.

Everyone can design a car, but a good engineer is one who could design for optimum performance.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I did choose it because
1. Automobile is best subject for me
2. My dream was always to be a part of research team.

here is less no of R & D in India. Here Engineers work on the calculated values that is received from other countries.
Everyone can design a car, but a good engineer is one who could design for optimum performance

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Government Engineering College Bikaner
City: Bikaner
State: Rajasthan
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After launching Karbonn Titanium Dazzle last month, the Indian mobile manufacturer has now introduced a new lineup of smartphones called the Platinum series and the first smartphone under this series...
Project Abstract / Summary : Round 1: Online, participate individually or as a team, no refistration fee, 20 MCQs, 1/2 hour duration. Round 2: Onsite, participate individually or as a...
Two common ways ocean power can be harnessed are Tidal Range turbines, and Tidal Current turbines. In the range version, a dam is constructed to use the difference in the...
'Fair and Lovely' kind of product pushing goes on in car maintenance as well. This article describes seven myths that need a closer look to avoid wasting money and effort....
Pavement side walls in Bangalore and other Indian Metros can become powerhouses if this prototype from Bristol proves its mettle. Quote: A university urinal is being used to test the...