Describe How Energy Is Stored In An Inductor On Electronic Level

Descreibe How Energy Is Stored In An Inductor On Electronic Level??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    when source is applied across inductor, the magnetic field/flux is produced and voltage is induced as per faraday law of induction and energy is stored in magnetic field.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    Troll_So_Hard
    when source is applied across inductor, the magnetic field/flux is produced and voltage is induced as per faraday law of induction and energy is stored in magnetic field.
    can u plz elaborate it more??
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    Check out this link you will get more description-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the opposing field produced in the inductor realigns the atoms thus energy is stored in the inductor
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    inductor never stores an energy just it dissipate energy when source is present,if you observe capacitor, absence of source it can produces the some voltage like a battery. but it is not in the situation of an inductor.so inductor dissipate energy not stores energy.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    arunchary
    inductor never stores an energy just it dissipate energy when source is present,if you observe capacitor, absence of source it can produces the some voltage like a battery. but it is not in the situation of an inductor.so inductor dissipate energy not stores energy.
    dissipation is done in the case of resistor..not in case of inductor...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    arunchary
    my pal there is some interpretation here

inductor is a storage device just like capacitor

it stores current and not voltage get it right
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    how ?i mean its a magnetic field energy dissipates not heat energy like resistor. in practical situation compare with capacitor it stores energy of electrical not magnetic energy .so inductor generates magnetic filed in presence of source.
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel

do inductors store the energy in form of KINETIC energy ????
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sorry my pal

THIS IS IT
    magnetic energy is produced in the inductor when voltage is applied basic science

when voltage is applied there is a flow of current through the inductor

this current flows through the inductor it opposes the magnetic field and so there is a delay in the current to reach its peak value in the inductor

the current follows the voltage by an angle of 90 deg

this is how current lags in an inductor

then now consider current at maximum when the voltage is turned off does current turn 0 in an instant nope

because of the demagnetisisng effect there is a small delay in current turning to 0

this how we know that inductor stores current if a change in voltage is found

if you want more info try to study an RL discharging circuit with initial maximum current in inductor
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah to an extent it does i guess
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    jeffrey samuel

Current = Flow of electrons in a direction. I dont think you can store the "flow". There's a serious misconception we all have.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Agreed with Prototype.
    Inductor never stores current ... it stores the energy.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    i will rephrase my statement as

inductor stores energy in the form of kinetic energy
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    jeffrey samuel
    i will rephrase my statement as inductor stores energy in the form of kinetic energy
    Kinetic energy is always mechanical.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    thanks for clearing it SIR
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    thanks for valuable information sir..
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    arunchary
    No.Both inductor and capacitor are energy storing.As you said capacitor during active phase may develop voltage like battery so is the case with the inductor.When energized inductor is put across a passive circuit,it will act as a current source.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    Mr.GRSalvi on which answer based your giving replay man...please mention...
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    arunchary
    Mr.GRSalvi on which answer based your giving replay man...please mention...
    I didnot get you.Mate,L and C are energy storing called active devices is so basic concept like i2r law in electrical.Its true inductor stores energy in form of maganetic feild but that doesnot mean it can't be an electrical source.Is not magnetic field convetable to electrical form and this is what happens in various generators.The dissipation you are talking about is not like that of resistor.It is infact magnetic flux leakage.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    yes man exactly i mean,.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why We Connect The Capacitor Banks In Series With The Circuit??
after so many searchings i have finally come to an conclusion of buying HP Envy 4-1003TX Sleekbook laptop.before buying a machine i wish i could reaaly understand its pros and...
Why do logic gates only work on DC? Why can't we use AC in those components? I want to know the reasons behind it. Please explain in detail.
Okay, so as you all can see I am new here. I'm actually here to receive some suggestions or ideas from you guys. I am currently a diploma student who...
is transmission lines is A.C or D.C supply? mostly said that a.c supply has a better advantages than d.c when we consider the losses and efficiency aspects......but i also read...