Depletion layer in P-N Junction Diode

hi guys
why does the depletion region in a pn junction diode always penetrates into lightly doped side

Replies

• mamun.muntasir
    mamun.muntasir
    most probably u want to know why depletion region penetrates more into lightly doped side.

u know in depletion region there are two sides, N-side contains positive and P-side contains negative ions. and an important fact is that the number of ions will be equal in both sides.

now consider the situation of lightly doped semiconductor- there will be less carriers in a particular area than a highly doped semiconductor. so in order to have equal number of ions in the depletion region of the lightly doped site, the region has to penetrate more in the lightly doped semiconductor.

if i am wrong in predicting your question then sorry......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

:clap:hi! me sudhanshu going to b an ece engg. wanna say u something. i am in need of something or someone .i dont kno what or who? i just come...
what is the most user friendly software used to program PIC16F877A? do you know any cool and simple projects using this microcontroller?
i am doin my final year on mechanical engineering. so can i get some suggestion and ideas from u all?? thanks..😁
i am a 3 year student.how to prepare and when and what are the books to prepare for campus?
😁HapPy Birthday 😁 :myparty😛atty:myparty: [aka CE's editor: CEan Raj87Verma88] May your dreams come true! ~x~~x~~x~~x~~x~~x~~x~~x~~x~ Where's the party tonight? ​